Things I've gained:
-the ability to control cravings
-a new found love for seasonings
-a new ability to get my veggies in every day
-I sleep better
-no energy crashes at 2:00
-my endurance in exercise is much better
-lost 13.4 lbs in my 30 days. More since
- lost 14+ inches in my 30 days
-gained a new sense of how I feel beyond the scales
-I'm not satisfied with very small amounts of dairy and sweets. For example 4 M&Ms is all I need. Not a whole bag!
Things I struggled with:
-Planning ahead some days was hard
- I struggled for about a week with leaning on Larabars too much
- struggled to get enough sleep to allow my body to really experience the better sleep.
- possibly ate too much fruit on some days.
Things I want to improve on my next cycle:
- get more sleep
- join my exercise routine in from the beginning (I began exercise about half way through my first cycle)
-plan meals ahead better
- pay more attention to my budget for the grocery to be able to compare costs to before whole30
- do a better job of my reintroduction schedule.
Today was day 40. I've had a few treats since Day 30 but only one at a time surrounded by compliant meals the rest of the day. For example. The day my students on sang at the minor league ball game I ate great all day and then had a cheeseburger at the game but went back to normal the next day.
Yesterday my husband and I were with his parents and they wanted Shoneys buffet. I was able to resist all the fabulous breakfast carbs and got a side salad and fresh fruit. My willpower has always been pretty good but it's really gotten better since I began whole30.
I have a vacation in about 10 days. For these ten days I plan to be as conpliant as possible to maybe she's a few additional pounds and inches to feel great when I leave.
I can't wait to see how much more I can improve.
For four years I've tried very hard to lose weight with little success. To finally have found something that works that is all natural nutrition is just so exciting.
Thanks for reading and supporting me!