“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, November 23, 2012

Thoughts...

So I've really been struggling lately. The medicine that the endocrinologist prescribed is not working very well. I have not been as on too of my nutrition as I could have been. I feel like I get so many opinions from so many directions. It's nuts!!!

I recently saw Chris Powell on dr oz sharing about carb cycling. It made sense. There was science behind it. Then I was at the chiropractors office this week for help with my fibromyalgia which made a big appearance last week. She talked to me about my weight and said I need zero carbs. I said "what about energy to work out?" She told me that its a myth that we need carbs. They we can get energy from veggies. Ok so I'm pretty sure she's good at adjusting my back and hips and I had great results between that and the hour massage I got in the office as well. But that carb advice I believe was a bunch of bull.

So My husband and I are at my parents for Thanksgiving. I got to be around lots of thin family and wish that I could be thin too. I was in my room and noticed a stack of pictures I had taken off the wall in the summer for mom to repaint that room. I pulled out school dance pictures. I've always known that I gained weight my senior year but I never really looked at how much my body changed. When I was a junior and younger I thought I was fat. Now I look at those pics as some of the few pictures I can now see myself as thin in. During my senior year I was diagnosed with myofascial pain syndrome and began the Fibro journey. I also became drum major for the band so I quit marching and quit playing soccer. All at once. At soccer we used to run 2-4 miles a day at practice. When I had games with band I'd run 4 miles then report to the game. It was just life. I also played tennis which included a great deal if agility work. I still did tennis my senior year but hadn't conditioned all fall and winter like normal. I've included a picture of three formal dance pictures. Sophomore and junior years (very similar) then senior year.

After my senior year mom and I did the south beach diet and I lost like 25 pounds before heading off to college. I guess that's when my struggle really began. I also include a picture from August 2003 at my freshman year college band camp. (Where i met my husband) I'm in the center of the pic with shorts on. It's amazing how quickly I lost the weight after that may.

These are just my thoughts here. No profound ideas or challenges. Just my thoughts. I'm tired of being fat. I want to be thin. In trapped in my own body. I need a plan. One I can stick to. One that depends on me and no one else.

The last picture I added is from yesterday. I'm happy as can be but I'm stuck in this fat suit!!!

Pictures may not be in order. I'm on my blogger app.

2 comments:

  1. It is the carbs & sugar! My husband has lost 60 pounds cutting out cards and I've lost 30. More energy than ever before to work out! Read marks daily apple (google it). After I read 50+ success I was convinced and jumped in too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up! I am in the same boat minus the health problems! I hate that you have to deal with those! Just remember to keep on trucking! :)

    ReplyDelete