“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Back to Routine equals New Goals

This week school starts and routine returns. I've already picked up a new habit suggested by my cardiologist. That habit is eating not a quick breakfast in the car but setting down for breakfast at home with lean protein each day before work. I began that habit during marching band camp. I pre cooked gluten free biscuits and pancakes to last a few weeks. I also pre cooked chicken/pork sausage links. So each morning it took 1 min to warm EITHER one biscuit OR two pancakes in the microwave with a sausage link and cook one egg at the same time in the skillet. Super easy. Some mornings I ate it on the back porch while the dogs ran. (Multitasking!)

Next goal : get my exercise routine in check! My fantastic dr gave me a target heart rate zone to try for three months in addition to removing gluten. Well I do better with one big goal at a time. So now that I'm successfully eating gluten free I'm ready to hit the exercise hard. I'm going to purchase my polar heart monitor soon. Sunday night I sat down and planned out an exercise schedule for the week. It is as follows: 

Wednesday - Zumba
Thursday - Spin Class (fairly new to me)
Friday - Zumba

I decided that each week I'll set my schedule on Sunday when I plan the rest of my tasks out for the week. My "big rocks" for any 7 Habits of Highly Effective People fans out there!

I'm starting with classes. While I'm working on those I'm going to check back into some of my old routines I did with trainers as well as try to find a trainer again to use up the rest of my trainer sessions and see if its something I want to do again. 

I know I said I'm best at one big goal at a time but I think this one goes hand in hand with my exercise routine. It's to clean up my eating. 

Tonight I was watching Extreme Weightloss with Chris Powell. He ate for a day as his client used to eat and he was completely ill from eating restaurant food. Now I am super careful about restaurant food with my gluten free diet these days. (But that doesn't make gluten free restaurant food ok!) However, his experiment really struck me.  He said he has a treat once a week and its usually tortilla chips or frozen yogurt. Seriously! Seriously! How many of us consider those treats and not just foods that aren't "too many points" or they fit into our calories etc. 

My treats usually consist of Hersey's chocolate or ice cream and truthfully happen 2-3 times a week. Not ok. 

I know some about clean eating but over the next few months I will be figuring it out even more. I've been gluten free for 3 months and I've lost about 10 lbs which my cardiologist was super excited about. Next I'm going to settle back into my exercise routine and clean up my diet and then in 3 more months make that appointment with my doctor to see how it's gone with both a gluten free AND clean diet as well as steady exercise. 

I need encouragement though. I'm going to be posting more often on here as we'll as my Instagram/twitter accts. mostly food / exercise pics there. If you don't follow me there... both places you can find me @findtheskinny go follow me! My blog readers and Instagram/twitter followers truly keep me accountable and motivated. Thank you!

Tomorrow is weigh in day. I think I will also attempt to take measurements in the morning if I can find my measure tape without making myself run late. 

So here's to new goals an being back in a routine!



No comments:

Post a Comment