“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, October 11, 2013

My blogging thoughts from the big cheese wagon

I haven't been blogging as much lately and I believe it's due to the quick posting ability of Instagram. This past week though I was reminded of how beneficial my blog is to me and how others enjoy reading it and how it may help someone else. A friend of my brothers (who is a friend to me as well) has been following my journey via my blog and Facebook since I trained for my half marathon. He  is on a journey to better health as well. He told me when he met me in person a while back how inspiring my blog and my journey are to him. I was reminded of that by him last weekend when I went for a visit. I talked with him about how there is much more I could be sharing and how sharing and knowing I have readers inspires me to keep going. One specific thing we discussed is how I have kept going through  many disappointments in my journey. Many of those disappointments stemming from medical troubles or mysteries keeping me from losing as I wanted to. 

So. I'd like to try to blog regularly. I typically just blog when something strikes me to write but as I said, I think I'm satisfying those strikes with Instagram (follow me there @findtheskinny). So in addition to strikes I'm going to settle on some regular times and set reminders in my phone to stop what I'm doing and blog. I think it will be good for me on many levels. One of which will be just slowing me down sometimes. 

I went back to my doctor on Wednesday. He is very pleased with my weight loss since April. A little more than 10 lbs. May seem slow but my goodness it's success compared to the 3-4 lbs I'd lost and gained a million times the last three years. Though my blood work was great in April he gave me an option to do it again to check on improvements from being gluten free and having lost 10+ lbs. so of course I said let's do it. Who cares about the needle! So I'm waiting on those results...

I'm traveling this weekend with the marching band. Our favorite trip. I had to pack tons of my own food though. I'll post more about that later. 

I dressed in my run gear because were headed to my alma mater and I wanted to reunite with the famous 2 mile loop on campus. Not sure I'll get to though. I don't want to go alone and so far I haven't found anyone who can go along. Still looking.... Oh and we left 2.5 hours late so the 3 hours of downtime is cut way short. 

For now I'm going to get back to "relaxing" on the big cheese wagon!

Stay tuned!

I am totally seeing dots from taking a selfie with a flash on the bus. *see my findtheskinny cooler?*

No comments:

Post a Comment