“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, October 28, 2013

Sweet snacks 101

So my hubby enjoys something sweet after a meal. Very typical. I can go either way but when he asks "do we have anything sweet" then I want it too. I have a tendency to not have sweets in the house because I have little ability to say no to sugar. I'm an out of sight out of mind type person on this. Last night there were no sweets so tonight I decided to plan ahead. I grabbed a container of cool whip in my way home to make a key lime pie but was planning to leave the crust off and place them in cupcake papers to freeze. 

Got home....

Not enough Nellie & Joes Key Lime juice (find it at your local grocery, it's fabulous... It's from key west. My Mimai family introduce it to us. The mango key lime is awesome too)
To make the recipe. Bummer...

Hmmm. So I decided to make it with te juice I had and then thought it would be way too sweet. So I then decided to cut down the sweetened condensed milk amount. Then thought about the cream cheese left in the fridge and wah-la. A new recipe was born... Key lime cheesecake cups:
(The pan is clean. It's stained by some chocolate batter)

 The measurements are below and they are nuts because it was how much was left of a few of them. 

1/8 cup Nellie's Key Lime Juice
6 Tbsp low fat sweetened condensed milk
8oz container of cool whip
4 Tbsp of cream cheese. 

Mix all ingredients with a handheld mixture. Use a small ice cream scoop to place in papers. 
Freeze.

I unfortunately did not have access to low fat or fat free cool whip this time so the calories will only reduce once I make that change. 

Here are the facts when divided into 10 cupcake papers:

Each 
101 calories
12 carbs
5.2 fat
1.7 protein
3 weightwatchers points




No comments:

Post a Comment