“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, August 24, 2014

FindtheBALANCE!

ISo when I found out I was pregnant it was like an immediate identity crisis. Some may think this is bad of me but it's not. We wanted to be pregnant and we are very excited but that does to make the physical changes easy. 

Me pre pregnancy:
-Eating whole30
-Had just lost 15 pounds
-So excited to have finally broken the mystery of my extra weight and was able to visualize it gone. 

My immediate thoughts:
-I can't try to lose weight anymore how weird is that? It's all I've known for many years and I just found the key for my success. 
-Veggies make me throw up? What?
-I'm eating bread? What?
-I don't feel like exercising? What?

So I was immediately trying to figure out how to find myself somewhere in the middle. After advice from my doctor I decided just to keep me terrible food decisions minimal, rest as much as I could and go easy on myself for this first trimester until I could stomach something other than bread and ice cream. 

Well my stomach is feeling much better and I'm tired of feeling so blah and hating everything I put in my mouth. 

I'm 12 weeks today so in almost out of the first trimester. Whew!

So at this point I'm craving a good run. The only thing in my way is the temperature. I don't handle heat like I usually do. So I'm waiting very patiently for a mild day to run. I ran a 5k while I was pregnant before I knew I was pregnant. 

I'm also craving feeling good. I know more energy and a better feel are supposed to come with the second trimester but to feel my best I have to eat my best. 

I'm working on making a plan to return to my whole30 eating. My doctor is in full support of this. He says it will greatly reduce the risk of gestational diabetes which would not be fun at all. 

At this point my weight gain is less than 5 pounds which is right on track for first trimester so the crazy eating hasn't hurt me too much. My doctor told me to expect a total of 30-35 lbs gain for the entire. Possibly lower down to 20 lbs minimum since I already have extra weight. It's just depends on how my body adjusts. As of now he is very happy with everything. My weight, my blood pressure (116/68) and all of my blood work. All is well. So I feel like in doing well I just need a plan. 

I just wanted to pass along some of my thoughts during this time of change for me. I'm not "finding the skinny" right now. I'm finding the balance but give me 6 months and I'll be ready to aim for "the skinny again"

Thanks to my readers and followers who are continuing to support me through great changes. 

Stay tuned for a blog I'm working on about maternity clothes. I'll also update soon with my eating plans when I figure them out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment