“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ain't nobody gonna break my stride...... Oh no! I gotta keep on movin'!!

Anyone who knows me knows that the last three weeks have been anything but normal or easy for my husband and I. Long story short my father in law is in a rehab hospital recovering from two strokes that he had three weeks ago. He spent a few days in Nashville in the Neuro ICU unit. We then move him here and his mom came to stay with us. We noticed some things in her health that were getting worse. We made her an appointment with our family doctor. She was admitted to the hospital about a week ago for testing. They found a blood clot and half I it had broken off to her lungs.  There are still many more tests to run for her but right now the focus I the blood clot. All of this while we are in the heart of marching band season. I'm so proud of my husband for taking his band (his second season here) to a point they haven't been in at least 11 years. They received reserved grand champion yesterday! All this while we see his parents through their hospital stays (in two different hospitals.)

The first two weeks I did some running but had to cancel my training appointments. My body was beginning to feel exhausted. Thanks to my trainer being persistent I got back on track with training this week. I knew I had to. I knew that working out was the best thing for stress. I also knew that the less I worked out the faster my body would feel exhausted. 

My Wednesday workout was tough for sure!! It made me mad that certain tasks were wearing on me. It made me mad that I wasn't as strong as my previous workout. It made me determined to keep my training routine and not cancel anymore appointments no matter what. I have to take that hour out for me and my health. Don't get me wrong. It has been a blessing to be able to help my in laws through this tough time. I appreciate my in laws and would do anything to help them. 

I also had two concerts this week. One was ban one was choir. They were both excellent!!! 

So Brandon and I have never been more ready for fall real than we are now!

Last night my brother Jason called. He said "hey are you still doing the Nashville half in the spring?"
Me - "yeah"
Jason - "if you are determined to do it and are sure your going to do it I'll register and run right beside you the entire way!"
Me - "really??!!! That's awesome! Yeah I want you to run with me, can you run that slow, you may behave to walk while I run in order to stay back with me"

I am so excited for this. My brother is so great for being willing to do that for me. We have a team from work that is training to do it together. After fall break we are beginning with Couch to 5K. I'm already to the 5K point so I'm going to be working on increasing my 5K speed and increasing distance. I will work on the speed by doing the interval training with the group (interval training is always good) then I'll work on my distance on my own. My goal is to have 5 miles being easy by Christmas. Having Fibromyalgia will not keep me from running the half but I do have to be smart and train at a pace that won't hurt me and set me back. That is one down fall of Fibro, if you push too hard it can set you back.

So, here we go!!! I'm running the 5K on Oct. 15th with hopes of a better time than last time. I'd like to be 40 min or below. So during fall break I plan to run every day with one day off somewhere for rest. 

After that 5K I will work on increasing my distance to 3.5- 4 miles then 5 etc. 

On Thanksgiving all my cousins and I have decided that since there isn't a Turkey trot in our hometown on Turkey Day that we will run our 1st Annual Terry Turkey Trot. I can't wait for that. I'll hope to have an even faster time by then!

So right now, I'm all
About running and training with Chad for strength and endurance. 

I do want to mention that through all of these last three weeks I've managed to lose a little weight. I'm hoping for a solid good loss this week. I want to be in the 170s so freaking bad!

I hope to post every day this week. I continue to appreciate all
Of my readers. Please don't give up on me. I'm still going I just haven't had much time at all to post. 

I'm still using my "my Fitness Pal" app every single day. I have logged my food journal and exercise every single day for 5 weeks. Woohoo!!!

Please add me on my fitness pal. If you know me message me or
Comment for my screen name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment