“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer Time

This summer I've been a bit lazy in my blogging and tweeting but not lazy for sure in my working out and eating right. Here's what I've been up to

Monday- meet with Trainer in the am, R.I.P.P.E.D. Class in the PM
Tuesday - Pilates in the am
Wednesday - Spin in the am or R.I.P.P.E.D. In the pm
Thursday - R.I.P.P.E.D. In the am
Friday - Devoted fitness in the am
Saturday - optional class day I go when R.I.P.P.E.D. Is offered.

What is R.I.P.P.E.D.?
Resistance (work with dumbbells)
Intervals (fast footwork type cardio)
Power (weights and pushups type)
Plyometrics (sports jumping training)
Endurance (often kick boxing type)
D is Diet and I do that outside of class

I love R.I.P.P.E.D. Class. I burn around 800-1000 calories per class. Check out www.rippedusa.com to see if there are
Classes near you.

I'm supposed to run/bike/elliptical or swim each day for an additional 30 minutes but I've not gotten good at that yet. Here's to this coming week!

On I eating. I've been going for 1600 calories a day. Some people think its too many but my trainer is who I trust.
She has me eating whole foods (from the ground or God) so in other words, not processed type foods. I'm not over the top with this but I try to stick to it the best I can. I've been having a lot of local fruits and veggies. Even local milk. I've been visiting farmers markets (my town has 3), the local orchard and dairy as well. Past that I get my meats from Kroger or Aldi along with other staples. My most processed food I guess is my Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter and recently this week with house guest I grabbed a box of honey nut Cheerios.

I also have been drinking citrus water. Did you know that lemon or line water helps you sweat?! It does. I use a half lemon or a whole lime in a glass of water. I don't sweat easily but when I start my day with lime water my sweat rolls down my face at R.I.P.P.E.D. Class. It has a ton of other benefits to. Clearing toxins from the kidneys, aiding in digestion just to name a few. Google it and be amazed.

This week I had a not good week for lunch/dinner and exercise. I taught a drum major camp all week. I was provided lunch some days and ate with the students every day (some days healthier than others). But I was thankful and enjoyed those times. Dinner time was out a lot because we had house guests and wanted to show off our towns great spots to eat. I did stick with a healthier breakfast each morning because I could get it in before the day started. I tried fresh peaches for the first time this week. I loved the flavor. Wasn't huge on the fuzziness. Kinda felt like I was eating a stuffed animal. Lol. Very good though!

The drum major camp kept up some
Of my strengthening. I had the kiddos do pushups and planks each day. I did it right with them. Also conducting properly for hours on end with work those arm muscles and your core
Too.

Sometimes life happens and it happened this week. I truly enjoyed my week instructing the kids but I've got to start planning now for band camp
In full force coming up in July. I've got to plan my meals ahead, cook
Ahead, pack them etc.

Amazingly I gained less than a pound this week. I was really worried. So now I'm focused for the week ahead. I can't wait to get back to class and cook up
Some local veggies for dinner!!

It feels so good to blog. Keep watching because I'll keep blogging. Sorry for the recent dry spell!

No comments:

Post a Comment