“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, September 3, 2012

Here goes the fresh start




Ok so I've recently mentioned my preparation for a fresh start in this crazy journey of weightloss that I'm on.  I mentioned previously that I wanted to give the Curves nutrition plan a try again.  Looking back over the years it was the most successful plan that I've ever been on and it super easy to plan for and stick to.  In the book there are recipes (good recipes) for every meal in every phase.  So when you don't want to think through all of the ratios too much you can pick a recipe and the ratio will work for that meal.  The further you go the easier it gets to substitute the parts of the meals to create your own.  You can do that from the beginning if you have the time and desire to do all the math and figuring.
So here is how the curves nutrition plan works.  I've been reading the book over the last week or so just familiarizing myself with the plan again.  
It works in phases on a 30 day cycle:
 ***All three phases have the same carb/protein/fat ratios***
Phase 1 is 7 days long and is your lowest calories and is used as a jump start basically.  
Phase 2 increases your calories to protect your muscles and metabolism and lasts for the remaining 23 days.
Phase three is after the 30 days of Phases 1 and 2.  It is intended to last for 2-4 weeks.  It is designed to give the body a break and teach you and your body to maintain weight after weight loss.  During this phase it is your goal to maintain your weight.  At the end of your two weeks or if you begin to gain weight you start over at Phase 1.
The only thing that changes between the phases is the caloric intake, that is what makes the phases really easy.  The ratios stay the same.  You just keep choosing meals and adjust with snacks etc.
I am on the lower carb/ higher protein version.  They have a higher carb version as well.  This is determined by body type.  I gain weight in my mid section and crave carbs a lot therefore I'm going to hold my carbs to 30% of my caloric intake each day.

Thank goodness that I can manually adjust my ratios in myfitnesspal app on my iphone and it will tell me my goal of grams for each section each day.  Picture below...
 

This idea may seem complicated but it really really isn't.  I'm thankful that I still have all the tools.  

I tried my favorite recipe from the Curves book recipes today for lunch.  Here is a picture, the recipe is on the left of the page under "healthy recipe of the week"

I lost 3 lbs this past week just by cutting down on my portion size.  So that was successful and exciting!  I'm now 198 instead of 201.  THANK GOODNESS!!!
I'm glad my trip to the 200s was short lived (one week) and I'll never go back!

I have totally revamped my rewards for each 5 lbs since I'm starting over.
I got to 10 lbs previously, but its all brand new now.  

I'm still blank on a few rewards and so I'm open for suggestions if you have any.

I also renewed mine and my husband's membership at the gym this weekend. That got me excited about getting back into the gym.  I had some text conversations with my trainer this weekend which I needed.  I can't wait to get back into my healthy routine.

So here goes.  Tomorrow I begin Phase 1....


1 comment:

  1. I did love the Curves eating plan. Next Monday I'm starting a 10-day fat blasting thing at my gym. Basically $35 for 10 days worth of training and they give us an eating plan. :) We can do this!

    ReplyDelete