“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Vacation

Well vacation went well. I haven't  posted on vacation so I'm a little behind. On my last weigh in before vacation I had gained a pound. I get pretty stinkin sick of gaining!  Anyhow... Moving on...

I ate fairly well during vacation. I didn't snack at all. My family eats pretty healthy so that helped. I treated myself a few times to ice cream but it was vacation so I treated myself. 

I tried Larabars for the first time and they were amazing!!! They are all natural bars with no preservatives. No sodium  The ingredients list has like 3 fruits and 2 nuts and that's all!! They are great!

As far as exercise goes I did mostly running ( I did some weights with my dads dumbbells one evening ). I ran 3 times in the 5 days I was there. A total of 5 miles. I ran once with my brother and sister in law. They helped me a lot. They ran some hills that I wouldn't have done on my own and they helped push my pace. I did an 11.5 minute mile with them. That is a bit slower than their normal but faster than my normal. Like 2 minutes faster! It felt great. I also got to run with Whitney ( my 5K buddy). We will do well in our 5K if we can keep from laughing. When the deer ran across the road in front of us we laughed so hard (I'm afraid of deer). 

One of my other cousins was telling me at home that he started Couch to 5K. So that is another of the cousins running. I think we are 5 for 6 now. Lol. 

Brandon and I purchased our new running shoes on our trip. After much shopping and trying on over the past few weeks I purchased Asics. Brandon also purchased Asics. 

We also purchased a new kitchen scale today for measuring portions. We had one but this one is digital and will be much more accurate. I'm excited about this. Mostly for measuring meat. Meat is one of those portion trouble foods. It's not as straight forward as a 100 calorie pack. So this will help with that a lot. 

We are planing to start cooking and portioning our food ahead of time especially with band starting up soon. I'm excited for this change in our kitchen. 

Overall I feel great about this week and I'm looking forward to training and weighing in on Tuesday. 

I also got my Murray State Tervis Tumbler this week. That was my 5 pound goal reward that I earned a while back some time ago but you can't find Murray state things in western country. Lol. I have purchased my 10 pound reward but can't use it until I reach my goal. Soon hopefully!

Thanks for reading. There will be lots of posts this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment