“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Race is On!!!!!

My apologies to my great readers/followers for the lack of posts. Things are very busy with marching season and a dog that has kept us on our toes for a week waiting for her to have her puppies. Thanks for always checking in. As my routine settles in I will post more often. 

Anyhow, I went out for my first run tonight since the 5K! I know I know I know, the 5K was 6 weeks ago. I said "I'm taking one week off"..... Now I wish I hadn't taken time off at all!!! It was weird, I hit a goal and absolutely crushed it and then it was like I waited too long to set a new goal, so I became unmotivated to run.

 Did I want to run? ABSOLUTELY! But did I actually lace up my shoes and get my runs in on busy days? No. It was a new excuse everyday.  So today I was sick and tired of myself not being proactive, I was about to change to head out for a run then I hopped on Facebook and had a message from someone that I know that knows I ran my first race asking if I was running on labor day. I had to reply that I hadn't run since she saw me at my first race and I was currently headed out for that first run tonight. I had to say "I don't think I'm ready" Bummer. I let myself down. * thanks Andrea for the extra boost*

The good news? I ran my mile tonight and it felt great! I could have gone further but I only planned a mile. So I'm thinking 1.5 or 2 miles on Tuesday. So, I did better than I anticipated. 

I have found out that there is a 5K option at an upcoming big 10K run. It is on October 15th. So I'm thinking early birthday to myself... Improve my 5K time. It's 7 weeks away. I'm thinking less than 40' would be a good goal. So here goes. The only think that could change that plan is if our band competition that day is a.m. and a distance away. 

I'm also looking into doing a Thanksgiving Day run. I'm not sure I could do any better job of justifying my Thanksgiving meal! I'll be at Mom and Dad's most likely on that morning so I've got to locate a race near them. 

So, if all goes well I will run two more 5 K races this year. 

Also, I set a goal with my trainer on Tuesday August 16th to lose 3 pounds by my session on August 23rd. I ended up having to cancel my training session due to some crazy scheduling this week on my end, so we set a new goal to keep me motivated for this week. A 4 pound loss. Can I do it? I bet I can! Let's see!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment