“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Band Camp is over- I'm back!

Ok, so many of you may have thought that I haven't been on track or whatever for the last few weeks because I haven't blogged. The truth is that it's been band camp for 3 and a half weeks and we've been meeting ourselves coming and going. I've been playing three roles for the last three weeks : choir teacher, assistant band director, and band director's wife. All three of these roles are busy! I've managed to hold on to my routine for the most part through these three weeks. I worked out on Friday mornings with my trainer at 6:00am because that was the only way to fit it in. That was not easy but I did it. Each morning at band camp I was in charge of stretches and exercise. that was a lot of fun. I was able to watch kids improve over time and try hard when it was tough. I was excited when we hit the floor for pushups during day one exercise and 5 push ups was easy for me. It was a reminder of my accomplishments. Leading stretches and exercise at 8:00am was tough on the mornings that I trained at 6:00am. But I did it. 
Now, on to nutrition during band camp. The first two weeks were much better than the last. The first two weeks I kept up with my oatmeal challenge, make decent choices at lunch and manage to cook dinners. Then the third week exhaustion took over and it was poptarts at breakfast and sweets to keep me moving in the evenings and restaurant food for dinner. Booo. I promised my trainer I would keep my food journal the last week but I'll have to disappoint him :(  

Below is a quote I read in a book tonight and it was quite an encouraging idea:

Any Change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts. 
- Arnold Bennett

It reminded me that I will have drawbacks. I will fail and have to regroup. The most important part is regrouping. Did I fail completely? No! Not at all!!! I just let myself down in nutrition over the last week. I found it so easy to eat the wrong foods when I was tired and busy (and hot and sweat!)

So this week starts the new school year. I was thinking about how excited I am to get into a new routine! I get to prepare lunches ahead of time, plan a days worth of snacks ahead of time, have a regular workout schedule, and I even get to pick a new grocery day! Being the lover of to do lists and schedules like I am I always get excited for routines. In this case I think a routine will help a great deal. Even when it comes to getting enough sleep! One think that I got so excited about was Tues/Thurs afternoon Yoga! I can't wait to go back. 

A weight update. Since I posted last I gained a pound or two. It happened in the typical one step forward two steps back method that I'm so good at. Anyhow, my last weigh in Friday July 29th was 185.6 I'll update my weigh ins section too!

Tomorrow's post: sometimes I get mad because I've always been fat. I discussed this with my trainer on one of these early Friday mornings and as I look back I'm amazed at the moments in my life that are etched so vividly into my memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment