“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Jingle Bell Solo

So I ran the Jingle Bell Run 5K today with Jamie (my sister in law) and her BFF in Knoxville. We had fun. I was nervous. I've only run sporadically since my 13.1 and certainly hadn't "trained" for this 5K. But I knew that you don't lose your ability over night and I've done other exercises etc to keep in shape. So off we went. Today was Becca's first 5K. So Jamie was going to stick with Becca. We got there and it was a beautiful day. It was a running skirt/ short sleeve day. Could have even gone for a tank top. So we saw lots of costumes etc. it was fun.

I knew I'd be slower than them. I stick with them until .8 miles. I then swapped to intervals. Run/walk alternating run. Few minutes walk one min. At the turn around (half way) I was
.2 miles behind them. I was pretty excited. Thats when my legs started to fatigue though and I slowed my pace. That's when the solo happened. As I ran and my jingle bells jingled it was like a jingle bell choir. People and bells all around. Then it happened. I was jingling alone. Not because I was last but because I somehow ended up alone for like 3 min. Lol. Weird. Anyhow. The choir came back toward the end!
At mile 2.1 I stopped intervals and ran to the end (3.1). I ended about 10 min after them. I ended strong feeling good. Never really got winded today just tired legs.

Glad I did it. These are
The things I will be focusing on with my new type of doctor suggested goals as stated in last nights post.

Here is a picture. Me on the right. Becca in middle Jamie on left.

No comments:

Post a Comment