“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, January 21, 2013

Cardiologist today! Great news!

So my ejection factor increased to put me
Not only in the normal range but well into the normal range. The cardiologist said that with heart abnormalities they are used to seeing small improvements and small to large problems or changes for the worst. He said I had a large improvement and its nice to see because they don't see that very often. Now that's encouraging.

My pulse was around 65 today. Amazing for me!

The weird thing is that my palpitations have increased in frequency. He discovered that during my stomach viruses in Dec/Jan I depleted my potassium and just haven't gotten it back yet which is increasing my palps. So I will take a supplement for a few weeks and recheck. Stupid stomach virus even messed with my heart.

Interesting fact. My Cortisol checked out normal. That's the stress hormone. Cool I figured as most Americans it would be off. Good to know.

Dr and his PA both love that Im on weight watchers. PA suggested I read up on gluten. Ill be researching that. Reading suggestions welcome. She told me about Wheat Belly.

I think I've decide to run the Nashville half again. My next cardiologist appt is the week of the race. I wonder what I can accomplish before then!

I had a jewelry party tonight. I was so proud that I made all my snacks weight watchers snacks! Woohoo for feeling good about snacking with the girls.

Lots of random thoughts here but I had a very encouraging day and I'm ready to take tomorrow and do something great!


I took a random picture of a heart model while I was bored at the appointment today. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment