“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, January 5, 2012

400 meter repeats...

Yikes its been 4 days since I blogged going back to work this week has kicked my booty! So my trainer was very please on Monday with all that I had done. I followed her requests to a T. Especially with the workouts.

So we had a great workout together on Monday. She taught me an additional circuit. This circuit is a strength/weights circuit. It was tough but good. It was a head to toe circuit. I think the hardest part was the leg lifts for my core. That's not what it is called but I went blank on the name. I laid on my back on a bench and lifted my legs to be perpendicular to the floor. Then lowered them (while together and straight) to almost parallel, then moved them apart into a V, back together and up to perpendicular. All this while the small of my back was pressed to the bench. Not easy. I did three sets of 12 all together.

So she added that and then did a little tweaking to my run schedule. She has me changing my shortest run of the week (which is now 3 miles) to 400 meter repeats. 400 meters is a quarter mile (.25). It goes like this:
Sprint .25
Jog/Walk .25
Sprint .25
Jog/Walk .25
This goes on for the duration of 3 miles. This is my newest speed exercise. The 15 second sprint intervals helped a great deal! I hope these help a lot because they are hard to do!!! During the jog/walks I did pretty much all jogging!

Today I did them for the first time. I was using the track on campus at school. I was with the other teachers training for the half. When it was time to sprint I had to pace myself for .25 miles. I couldn't go 8 mph like the 15 sec sprints. I felt like I wasn't going very fast. I know there was a decent increase in speed though based of two other teachers that were running that have a much faster pace than I do. On one of my sprint laps we were going opposite directions and based on where we crossed paths I knew that I was going their speed. I was excited. That has NEVER happened! So I knew I was improving. It was so hard though! It made me huff and puff and huffing and puffing at the beginning of 3 miles is no fun! I made it though. The high school track team was practicing the whole time I was out there. I'm thankful I wasn't doing hurdle exercises thats for sure!!!

So after that I headed right in to musical rehearsal. Then off to grab some dinner and head home to finish a housework to-do list. My hubby was at a work obligation tonight so it was dinner on my own. So I went to Chic-Fil-A. I know I know, but I made good choices. I had grilled chicken on wheat and a side cup of tortilla soup. Now the real temptation for me at Chic-Fil-A is cookies n cream milkshakes. They are 790 calories. Yikes! No room for THAT!! So I made a substitution. I got a small vanilla ice cream cone (pictured below) for 170 calories. I saved 620 calories! Yay. I still had a few calories to spare when I was done! BTW I LOVE when the Chic-Fil-A people respond to thank you with "My pleasure"... I always get sad if they don't say it. Lol.
I'm an ice cream fanatic. I get it honest from Dad and Grandaddy! I don't find a reason to take ice cream away from myself, but rather make substitutes such as those. I really like frozen low fat yogurt. I remember as a kid getting Breezes ( fro yo) instead of Blizzards at Dairy Queen at the request of my Dad who saw the benefit. I wish more restaurants carried that option. Sad that DQ doesn't anymore. On the topic of Fro Yo. Courtney from Biggest Loser season 11 has opened (is opening) a Fro Yo shop called YoAmazing. Follow them on Twitter @YoAmazing I know Courtney was also sad that DQ removed Fro Yo from their menu.

After all that ice cream talk I should say that my day was great nutritionally. I'm striving for a 50-25-25 ratio in my daily intake of calories.
50% from carbs
25% from fats
25% from protein.

On MyFitnessPal app you can see a pie graph each day. I have found this ratio a bit tough to achieve. It's going to take work, but I think once I do it for a whole it won't be so hard to do. It's a matter of learning how to plan the day. Anyhow, today's ratio was really close to perfect! Picture is below!

Nothing too terrible interesting today. Just me and what I do!!! Thanks for reading. Follow me on twitter @findtheskinny
Follow @YoAmazing

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how could i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept
    La Canadienne Women's Felicia Boot

    ReplyDelete