“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, July 23, 2012

Doctors Opinion

I haven't posted since my physical two weeks ago. I got some thoughts from him that are both good and bad depending on how I look at it. Some days I like what I heard some days I don't. I also traveled for two weeks and just don't have much time to blog. So here is what happened at the physical.

Background: at last years physical my doctor and I discussed how in 6 months (that I had been actively and consistently working on my weight through healthy eating and exercise)
That I wasn't please with my lack of weight loss. He checked my thyroid and was pleased. He suggested at the time that I increase my intensity. At the time I had a hard time sweating during workouts so maybe intensity was the answer? I worked on that with my trainer set new goals etc.

I also changed trainers and set my half marathon goal. I accomplished thT goal an many others. Through drinking citrus water I was able to activate my sweat glands and began sweating a lot. I knew my intensity was not lacking. I've posted before about being strong. I am strong. I feel like I'm very healthy. Just fat.

I spoke with my doctor t this physical. I now had worked consistently for 18 months and hadn't lost a pound. I would lose a few pounds here and here but I fluctuate badly up an down 4-5 pounds at a time. Not true weight loss. I told my doctor that I an do yoga, ripped class, run 13.1, mountain bike, and do 50 pushups (the right and real way) in one training session but I still feel like I'm wearing a fat suit.

I can only imagine how much easier pushups would be or how much faster I could run without this extra 50 lbs. I also know (and my doctor agreed) I shouldn't have to go forever without a treat or something sweet. I should be able to lose weight doing what I do even with a sweet treat once in a while. Everyone seems to think I just don't work hard enough. "I shouldn't have had that ice cream on vacation" or whatever. But the fact is its a healthy lifestyle not a restricted diet. I'm rambling now.

Anyhow. I had the heart issues after the race. My heart monitor showed extra intermittent beats (whatever that is)

He ordered a heart echo. I did that last week.

My doctor wants to see what the cardiologists thinks and possibly an endocrinologist to see of we can get to the bottom of my inability to shed the weight. So he told me "you're doing everything right. You Gould be losing. Keep doing what you're doing and let's see what we can figure out."

Good part- in doing good and working hard verified by my doc.

Bad part- its not getting me anywhere.

So here I sit at the cardiologist office wondering. I'll blog tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment