“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Products and why I love Twitter

So since I began blogging I've been approached by friends about four different products for weight loss / health etc. I will not name any of these products out of respect for those who use them and I wont mention who has suggested products to me. I will say that every single person who has approached me has been someone in my life who I respect and trust.

That's where the problem comes in. When I see a commercial or general statement by someone on Facebook etc it's easy to hear it, listen, and go on about your day... However when it's someone you respect and trust you start to put thought into it. A lot of these people or I'll say all of the people I'm referring to in my life have had good success with their product. So if I take a product will I have some success? Most likely! But I set out to do this naturally. That's what easily came out of my mouth when I was first talked to about a product 18 months ago. The longer I struggle the more I think over them. The fact for me is that neither my trainer or my doctor have approved any of these products for me. Does that mean they are bad? No! Just not for me. I have a physical in a week where I will ask about the last two products I've been approached about. Not because I want to use them but because I do like to have a conversation with him about them. If my doctor ever thinks that one is good for me it will then become a discussion. For now that has yet to be the case.

I've been at this steady for 18 months and I've lost as much as 12 lbs and right now I sit at 3 lbs... Why?! Well last time I visited my doctor last summer he suggested I increase my intensity. I did that for sure. My body has learned how to sweat like I don't think it knew how! So when I see him I'll ask about what to try next for better results. Since I have hypothyroidism there could be some things out of whack. I don't know. I can say that I'm gaining muscle on a regular basis and I see new tone and definition each week. So I must be losing fat to be maintaining/slowly losing at the same time. Maybe the pounds will show up soon, or should I say not show up soon.

What I do know is that one day I will meet my goal. I'm headed that direction and when I get there and I didn't use a product I'll be so proud!!! Sometimes my motivation to lose weight, which comes from many different goals, can tear me down in itself and make me want to give in. I'll give a very candid example. I want to be at a healthy weight before getting pregnant. Guess what? Our timeline is getting closer everyday but my goal weight doesn't. Now that can make a women desperate! I don't want to let me, my husband, or my future kids down when it comes to being a healthy mom with a healthy pregnancy. I'll tell you how this goal originated. I thought this...
"I've never been at my ideal weight...
... When I'm pregnant I will have weight to lose afterward....
If I start from above my ideal weight then after pregnancy I'm headed to a weight I've never been at before"

Now THATs setting me up for frustration because if your body has been there before it has a bit of a memory to get you back. If not your body just says "what the heck!"

Another reason for the goal is that I don't want complications or anymore difficulty than necessary during that time. So the more in shape you are the better.

Last and least reason for the goal. When I post my obligatory Facebook preggo pics I'd like to be cute and not all puffy. I'd like to glow and look
Healthy. I think that would be hard if I start out overweight or in my case obese.

I can't wait until our timeline gets here for our kids (I don't discuss it specifically... Only me and hubby know and it will stay that way until time) but I want my health goals to be achieved when the time arrives.

If feels so good to get that out. That's been weighing on me very heavy for a little while. Sorry for the tangent. I would love comments on that topic from your experiences or things you know about all that.

Last think.
Why do I love twitter? When you are told your favorite Biggest Loser contestants use a certain product you can just ask them. That's what I did tonight. Guess what? In my situation tonight... They don't use it. That made me feel better. If they had used it I would have felt doomed.

So I'm 240 views from 10,000.... Help me get there this week! Check back for more posts, retweet and share my blog with friends.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl. I could get on my soapbox about product. I have tried them. I can't even tell you how good it feels to be doing this without it. I have a friend who suggested a product to me right after I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. And I mean right after. Hours. I was LIVID bc I hadn't had time to even process what it meant for my life to be diabetic. But in the end - I said no. And continue to do so. :)

    ReplyDelete