“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

There is no TRY!

Today has been my first day on my beta blocker.... The only thing I notice is that I'm tired.  That is an expected side effect.  My pulse is down in the low 90s today... was a solid 100 this morning.  I'm looking forward to having the medicine balanced in my system.  I think the drowsiness will go away as my body gets used to it.

I just wish I weren't over weight.  I want to unzip this silly fat suit and walk out of it and be who I am.  I am a bubbly person just like my cardiologist said yesterday.  If you met me but didn't know me you might think I'm hyped up on coffee but in reality I don't drink caffeine at all.  Crazy I know.  But that is who I am and it'd be so much more fun to be that way if my body didn't lag behind.

Just a few thoughts for the day.  I went back and found this quote from my post 13.1 blog post in May...


I was standing in Sherwin Williams purchasing paint for my classroom when the owner of the local running store came in.  Last time she saw me I was training for 13.1  I got to tell her today that I completed it.  It felt so good to go back to that moment.  I think I want to do a race again.  I'm thinking that the 10K here in town in October might be just right.  Would love to do another 13.1.... I want to get my heart all better before I do that again though.  I'm getting impatient.  I want to get back out there.

I will lose my fat suit one day.  Not sure if it will be from 10 years of persistence and a half a pound a month or if it will be because they find an imbalance in my endocrine system.  Not sure, but what I do know is that I WILL lose the fat one day.

I've been working in my jewelry business on not saying I'll try, but rather deciding what I'm going to do.  I'm applying it here too....

To quote yoda... "NO!, tryeth not!, you either do or do not... you do not try!"

So there ya have it.  I'm sad that its not happening faster, I've had obstacles but I'm not giving up!

Not going to lie though... I wonder if they find an imbalance if I will get back pay for all of my hours on end of hard work and have weight melt off.  hmmm...? We'll See!

No comments:

Post a Comment