“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, July 6, 2012

Traveling!!!

So we have been here to visit my parents and family along with my brother, sister in law and nephew who also came to town.

I haven't really been logging my food. Well I haven't logged at all. Here's what I've been doing...

Watching portion sizes

Not snacking between meals

Having a few treats (key lime pie in a small portion size) so that I don't go over board.

Relaxing and enjoying my time here.

I brought my weights and pull up bar and I'm ashamed to say that if I use them in the morning it will be my first time and it's our last day here :/
Haven't been quite disciplined on exercise here.

So what I'm curious about is what my weigh in will be like on Monday...

It's been nice to relax and be away. I'm headed to Texas next week and I'm determined to do better there than I did here. I'll be up and going much more there. So maybe it will be easier to stay in routine. My hotel has an awesome gym there. I plan to utilize it!

Quick update on Miss Gracie (her story is on the right side of my page)
She went to the vet on Monday and has officially lost 3 lbs. she is 19 lbs now. Her goal weight! Yay Gracie! 3 pounds was 15% of her starting weight just to put that in perspective that is like me losing 28.5 lbs! Big deal for her! She's maintained for several months! Now if I can keep her weight down through winter we will be good.
This might seem silly but I take my pets weight/health very seriously. I feel that it's my responsibility because she can't take care of that on her own.

Very random post here but I wanted to add some thoughts from this trip.

I wonder if the relaxation has helped? Maybe destressing has helped?

I hve mentioned many times that I lose inches but not so much pounds and that I can tell a lot of difference in my body. Check out the pictures I adds to the right of my trainers. Picture on too is with Linda my current trainer taken back in Feb. then a more current picture with my 2nd trainer Chad taken in June. (he stopped by to say hi). I can see a difference between the pictures. Then you can look all the way back to winter of 2010-2011 with my first trainer Greg. I think it's been consistent progress. Not rapid but consistent. Maybe one day the pounds will leave too. I have a physical on Monday and plan to discuss my struggle with my doctor.

Here are some pics from the trip!
Oooing and Awwing at the fireworks with my nephew

My awesome nephew! 17 months old 
My hubby and I!!!

My family (mom, dad, brother, sis in law, nephew, hubby and myself)
My 19 pound healthy Jack Russell... Gracie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment