“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, February 18, 2012

9 miles!!!

So I woke up this morning not feeling like a long run. I ate my lunch and then got ready to head out. I also posted on Facebook and twitter that I was going so I couldn't back out. The first half mile was no good. I felt sluggish. I just kept on. I had a 6 mile route planned out. I started to feel really good about 2 miles in. I was thinking about how sad I was to only log six miles today and not have a new distance record. Haven't had a distance record in 3 weeks (8 miles). So I decided that when I got to 3.5 miles, my turn around point today to be at the house in 6 miles, I would make a distance decision. I still
felt great. I got there and kept going. I couldn't run as far out as I wanted (5 miles) because the shoulder went down to basically nothing. So I had to turn around at 4.25 miles which meant I needed to fit in another .75 miles
On the way to the house. So I did a few double backs on the way home and took the loop around my subdivision. I ended about 100 yards from my driveway. Perfect! I was frustrated that I had to do double backs which meant waiting for traffic and heading away from home
Around my 7 mile mark which mentally was no good. Kinda like walking a dog and they get tired and they instinctively want to turn toward home. Lol.

I packed pineapple chucks in my belt today. They worked great. I had like 4 sport beans left over. So at the end of each mile I ate either two beans or two pineapple chunks. I finished my water after mile 8. So my supply was perfect today.

I was so excited to make another distance PR! My knees are sore again. Maybe not as bad as Thursdays 3.5 mi run though. Weird I know, but at the advice of my brother I focused on steadying my center of gravity this time to soften the blow on my legs. I think it helped and helped my pace too. At 5 miles my average pace was 16'25" miles. At the end of 9 miles my pace was 16'48". So I felt like my pace today was really rather steady. At mile 7 I started slowing a bit. Up to that point I was still 16'27". Before mile
5 I took my war bud out song could hear pace so I wouldnt freak out over it.

I have 10 weeks to get that pace under 16' consistently. 16' is the cut off pace for my half on April 28th.

I had a few thoughts today about my energy level and how good I felt
Along the way. Warning! Guys you may or may not want to read this paragraph. I've been in search of a good sports bra and haven't found one just yet. So today I wore two sports bras and found that my bounce issue wasn't an issue. I have to wonder how much the bounce issue weighs on my overall energy level. Plus no bounce will benefit me in years to come. Lol

Ok guys your safe. Next thought is how clean I've been eating this week. I had a fail with an ice cream
Sandwich last night but other than that I've been particular about my eating this week and I think it really paid off today. Good fuel in = efficient gas mileage. Right?

So yay! Some more house work with my hubby tonight, (he was wonderful and dis lots of housework while
I was running and even had a chicken wrap waiting when i came
In the door) then church in the morning and a rest day!

1 comment: