“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Missing Puzzle Piece / Climbing out of the valley

I keep feeling like there is a missing puzzle piece for me in this weightloss journey of mine. I think I may have figured it out. Belief in myself and faith it can happen. I can eat right and exercise and train for a half marathon but until I can see a vision of myself thinner and healthier I'm not sure it will happen. It's like my brain is holding the pounds on for me. But then I begin to examine everything I'm doing. I'm not sure I've had that perfect week yet that goes just as scheduled and I don't miss any workouts. I also find that I cheat in nutrition in little ways here and there. Not big cheats just little ones like a roll at dinner or that mini cupcake a student brings me for Valentines day. I've also started drinking diet coke and diet dr. Pepper. I've seen articles recently that suggest that diet beverages actually cause weight gain. Not sure the reason but I'm thinking I might should stick to water and milk only.

I think I need a boost. So tomorrow I plan to weigh in at home in the morning and have the cleanest most perfect week I can. I'm not going to touch the scales until the next Wednesday and then I will see what happens. I'm going to log everything to a tee and post my workout schedule here so that I can report back that I stuck to my schedule with no excuses.

If you are my friend on MyFitnessPal keep me accountable. I'm going to see if one really good clean week will
Show results. I think that a really good week may be what I need to renew my belief in myself. Don't worry. My training runs aren't suffering. That is one thing that has been great still.

One last thing that is certainly not least. I often fail to let go of things an let God do his work. So I'm going to focus more on praying about my weightloss and God giving me the strength both mentally and physically to make good choices. So here goes!!

I have been a motivated person for a long time. I think we all get in the valleys from time to time. Of you are on a journey yourself and you are in a valley examine what you do, pray about it, and pull yourself back up into that mountain.

Anyone out there with encouragement or tips for climbing back to the mountain top? Please share!

4 comments:

  1. Beth that sounds like a great plan and I'm going to start my perfect week tomorrow too and not weigh myself for the entire week (I weigh every day multiple times so that will be stressful!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like in the last 3 months I am just now getting to a good balance of fitness and eating. I've been working on it for over 2 years, and I'm finally figuring it out.

    I would say for SURE only weigh yourself once per week. But also look at other ways to measure success: a goal of water intake (I like the #100ozChallenge on twitter! Helps me feel accountable), making sure I get at least 5 fruits and veggies in a day, and write down/track every.single.bite. I eat! These back to basics things really help me to focus. And see progress, even if it doesn't show up on the scale like I think it should.

    You can do it! You have made amazing progress with how fit you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you!! I've been struggling with the clean diet... let's kick it up a notch!!! :) Thank you again for your encouragement and tips, even though I don't "know" you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all!
    Jess- thanks for letting me know that it takes time.

    Christie- lets do it and keep in touch through the week on how we do on MyFitnessPal

    Leslie- up a notch!!! Here we go! Let's do it!!! I feel like I "know" so many of y'all!

    ReplyDelete