“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, April 12, 2012

13.0 - DONE 0.1 to go!!

So I had my longest training run yet on Sunday. I won't lie. I was nervous.... NERVOUS!!! I did a carb load type thing ahead of time. Wed-fri morning was carb depletion. This was to rid my system of the useless carbs to make lots of room for fresh healthy carbs. So then Friday-Sun was healthy carb loading. I'm glad I practiced this before the big day because I wasn't prepared for it. It's not easy to change your eating when you are in a routine. Saturday night I arrived at my brothers house and he had whole wheat spaghetti waiting for me along with wheat thins and natural peanut butter. I was so full already. It was not fun to eat. I know it helped me though. At that time my brother told me that he would be running with me. I was so excited. I hate long runs alone. So Sunday after church we ate a nice light and healthy lunch and got ready to head out. So here is how it went.
Mile 1 - awesome time.
Miles 2-3 had some big hills and my time settled in.
Mile 4 - body was very tired... I think mainly from the early hills. A dog joined us. Cute little wire-haired terrier mix. Maybe 6-7 lbs, no collar, seemed to be less than a year old, and seemed less than concerned with any type of a boundary or home.
Mile 5 - feeling good. Was totally distracted by the dog that was still running with us. I forgot how tired my body was feeling. I flinched every time a car went by. I just knew that puppy was going to get hit.
Mile 6- people were yelling at us about the dog when they had to stop (the dog was weaving in and out of the road. Every time someone would yell/honk/throw their hands up one of us would say "it's not our dog!" finally a lady turned around and took the dog in her car to help find its home and keep it safe. I was relieved.
Mile 7 - beginning to get numb to the muscle aches. Ran out of my water, grabbed a bottle from my brother.
Mile 8 - still moving
Mile 9 - stopped at McDonalds to use the restroom and refill the water bottles. Tough to start back up. Felt very slow.
Mile 10 - wanted to quit. For real!!!
Mg tailbone was hurting. Weird but true. My brother got ahead of me a bit. I caught back up at a stop light. I shared my frustrations.
Mile 11- slowest of all, hurting badly.
Mile 12 - numb again, went by quickly was super excited to have a new distance record.
Mile 13 - pure heck!!! Giant hills for the last mile. Some people say Nashville is hilly. That haven't run in Knoxville much. 100 ft. Climb in that last mile. My ending spring was on a big hill. I was so excited to hit 13.0. As a reward I got to see a sneak peak of my Run2Walk intro video. I can't wait to share it!!!

I drank a total of 70 oz of water along the way. At 1.5 packs of Spirt Beans and one Gu gel. It's all about steady fuel in and steady fuel out.

We began at my brothers house and ran to his friends house and met everyone there, showered and then enjoyed a great traditional Easter meal. Loved it! Thanks Becca and Joe!

I was quite sore the next day but went to the zoo and walked around and then the second day went to the Smokey mountains. Key for getting over soreness for me is to keep moving.

So I have .1 miles that I haven't done yet. That's all!!!. I can totally do this!!!
So I will now be tapering my long runs distance wise for the next two weeks.

Picture below of my brother and I at the end with the hill i sprinted to the end behind us. I look terrible but what else can I expect?! Also a screen shot of my splits with elevation changes listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment