“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Post 13.1 thoughts

I'm way too tired and exhausted to write a good post 13.1 blog post so I'll do that later and add in some of the good pictures my hubby and dad took with the good cameras. So in the mean time as I ride in the car I'll just give a few thoughts and a few pictures from my brothers iPhone as we ran.

What was on my mind at the start line:
"I've really gotta pee"

After I peed it was "oh my goodness oh my goodness!"

Funniest thing I ate today: Salt

You've not seen a gross port a potty until you've run a half/full. Yuck!

"hydration is sexy" a quote I've heard a lot but it is so true. Because dehydration is NOt sexy. Saw some
Of that.

Wet wax paper cups are slick as can be.

When someone says excuse me because they need through for Pete's sake don't draw your arms in and STOP. (I almost ran smack into the back of a girl who did that)

Never judge how someone is running they all have their reasons. :)

Talk to the people around you. It helps everyone.

Apples and peanut butter are my new favorite combo!!

Busted/melted GU on the pavement is gross

If you are going to forget something (like your time chip) make sure your dad is an emergency ninja like
Mine is. Lol. Thanks Dad! (he brought my chip... Picture below)

Favorite Spectators of the day:
The girls in fat bikini costumes. Their signs said "run like there's cake at the end" and "you're sexy and you know it". They were playing LMFAOs Sexy and I know it on repeat.

I finally got a pink 13.1 sticker on my car thanks to Jason and Jamie

Funniest Quotes by far by fellow runners:
"hey I'm going to run in the discount tobacco store I'll be right back" (and the guy split off to the store)

"aren't we supposed to get a second wind somewhere"

"somebody please sing!!! Or
Something" - during a spot with no entertainment which are very RARE in Nashville.

"he's your carrot". Someone to me
About my brother keeping my pace with me.

"that doesn't look fun at ALL"-me

Best thing said to me all day - "you've inspired me to run up the hill" 2 miles later "remember me, you inspired me back there"

All in all a great experience with lots of laughs to be had for years to come.

Serious post to come in a day or two.

2 comments:

  1. I *love* that- "run like there's cake at the end". :) I'll be looking forward to your more detailed post to come, I'm attempting my first half in December and I really want to know what to expect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you still training and preparing for 13.1 in December? How is it going?
      -bethney

      Delete