“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, April 13, 2012

A twist in the Salmon Biggest Loser contest!

So Biggest Loser in the Salmon house (that I blogged about before) took a funny turn this week. Brandon and I were out of town for a trip to visit my brother and the Smokey Mountains last Sat - Wed. So our weigh in was Thursday morning. During that week I did carb loading for my 13 miles on Sunday. Then Monday we had a cheater meal at a local BBQ restaurant and again on Tuesday a cheater meal in the smokies (healthy breakfast and dinner each day, just cheater lunches) Wednesday we had a healthy brunch with some of Brandon's family in Knoxville and a healthy dinner (I Cooked stuffed turkey peppers, look for that recipe in the column on the left). On the ride home late Wed we did something terrible and odd for us. We went through a drive through at about 9pm while traveling. Yikes. I had chicken strips (no fries). So Thursday morning rolled around..... Weigh in day. Brandon had gained a few pounds, and I got to thinking... What if I gained? Who gets this week's $10? I decided that if I also gained we would put the $10 with the other $10 that gets posted to the fridge for the overall winner at the end. So I weighed in...... (not gonna lie, I made sure I peed as much as possible first lol)
.... I gained exactly 1 pound.

I was happy it wasn't more. I reminds myself of the carb load and of the cheater lunches and last min chicken strips. But that meant we both gained. I went to the living room an told Brandon. He had already decided the same about the money. So we placed both $10 bills on the fridge. (picture below, you can see the BL money collages with my first 5K bib, training schedules from my trainer, and the news article about my training with Run2Walk, very inspiring fridge door!)

So the overall winner gained $10 extra! I need to be that person. It's either me or hubby. Needs to be me!!! I love him and I'm proud of his 45+ lb weight loss since Dec. but I need to win!!!!

I haven't won a week yet. He's won 5. This is my time to shine. Our rules state that your percentage lost must come off of your lowest weigh in number to date. So my weigh in was 185.4. Last week was 184.4. So my weight loss percentage this week gets calculated by the 184.4. Kinda like a one pound disadvantage. Now I won't say how much more because he didn't sign up for this blog mention (he never does) but he gained more than a pound so I have an advantage from the start because I held closer this week. So it's an earned advantage. So I'm determined. I'm winning this week!!! Woot! So stay tuned. Weigh in is Wed.

In case he reads my blog today...

I love you babe but it's on and I'm winning this week. I'm winning the whole thing too. Just saying!

I love competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment