“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, April 23, 2012

Mom packed my lunch!!!

So Mom was in town last night. We stayed up until 1:00am cutting vinyl letters to decorate a few spots in my house (I included pictures). It was a lot of fun, but 6:40 came early. I showered last night so I was ready in 10 min. I hit the kitchen at 6:50 to cook breakfast and make my lunch. Only to realize that I was on bus duty this week an it meant I needed to leave RIGHT then. I grabbed a Greek yogurt to go and headed out.

Today was a no carb (very low carb) day. I'm doing this for 48 hours in order to rid my system of not only any simple bad carbs but the old
Carbs that are deep in my muscles and difficult to access during my race. I will begin my carb loading on healthy whole grain/wheat carbs tomorrow at dinner. That will then allow more of those healthy carbs to store up an be helpful during my race. This is a method that my brother uses on his marathons and halfs and I used for my 13 mile training run ( only that was an abbreviated version).

So on my way to work I thought. Surely the cafeteria will have some healthy veggies and lean meat I can make a meal out of. They are good about fresh veggies etc. I go to school an found out it was chicken tender day!!!! Oh no!!!! So I checked the menu.
Side one: chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, Lima beans, carrots, banana and a whole wheat roll.
Are you serious. Let's check side two.
Side two: cheeseburger, potato smiles, and peaches.
(I often get great fresh veggies and fruit in my cafeteria, today it was like the carbs were chasing me!)

Text to my mom: "what time
Are you leaving town. Can you pack me a lunch, this no carb thing won't work here today"

My mom is awesome so she did just this. I called the secretary and let her know to call me when my mom
Brought my lunch box (am I twelve!)

So for lunch I had just as I requested:
Spinach salad with feta and black olives
Lite basaltic with my TBSP measure
Hard boiled egg
2 oz of turkey lunch meat
Cinnamon almonds.

It was good. I was thankful for my Mom being so supportive of me and being willing to help.

After school snack:
Pickles and cheese

Dinner:
Salad w/ chicken and two strips of bacon.

So food is really my biggest focus this week. Training is over its all about correctly fueling all week long. And hydration. All water this week.

Update on my Run2Walk page:
I'm 1/8 of the way to my sponsor goal. Please sponsor me. All donations are helpful. Don't assume someone else will help. Get involve with changing someone's life. It only takes a few dollars from all of my readers to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment