“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Here I sit! / Good news from Monday

That's right... Here I SIT... I'm uploading my post from my iPhone while I sit at the basketball game. I am currently restricted on my exercise. No fun! I fell on ice yesterday and sprained my back and neck. The only exercise I'm allowed to do for a week is walking. I go back to the doctor next Tuesday and will hopefully be released to get back to working out full force. I just have to remind myself that in orderto be successful in the long run I have to take care of myself along the way. In the grand picture a week off will be nothing but if I work out anyway and hurt myself it could last for a long time.

The focus during this week now becomes my nutrition. What I struggle with the most. Maybe God is giving me an opportunity to focus on my weakness. I enjoy finding the positive in the negative. So maybe that is it.

I've been doing better on my calorie goals over the last two days. I'm excited about that! It's not easy but Ive discovered that it takes planning. Like planning out my whole day of meals in the morning instead of planning one meal at a time and exhausting my calorie allowance before dinner.

My good news for the week is that when I weighed myself on Monday I weighed in 1 pound less than last Monday. I'm down to 189.6 lbs. That appears to make me 3.4 lbs down from my original weight of 193. The 193 came from the gym scales at a different time of day, so there is a bit of a variable there. So what I KNOW is that I lost 1 pound last week. What I don't know is how much I have lost overall. The next time I weigh in with my trainer I will find that out and be able to compare my scales with their's.

I intend to see movement on the scale again in the losing direction!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, at least you are still in the 100's!! Keep it up Bethney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethney, I hate to hear that you fell on the ice and have an injury that requires you to SIT. Last week I was nursing my foot that I had pulled a muscle in and it hurt mega bad. But with a lot of ice, rest and prayer it is a lot better! If you don't already see a chiropractor now is a good time to go and see one. They will help you with you back and neck injuries plus help you stay aligned with the extra stress you are putting on your body with working out. When I first started boot camp my chiro was adjusting my knees every day and hips to help keep me moving.

    Many prayers for recovery!

    ReplyDelete