“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, January 16, 2011

My plan for the week ahead

I have been taught by my first trainer how and when to eat and I think I've gotten pretty good at it.
He has me do the following:
Eat a breakfast that contains protein
Eat every 2-3 hours to maintain my metabolism
Eat a snack such as fruit just before I hit the gym
Eat a lean protein within 30 minutes of a workout
Eat lots of fruits and veggies.

Like I said I have gotten pretty good at this. I have mastered peeling a clementine and eating it during between-class hall duty. I have learned to cook boiled eggs ahead of time so I have lean protein (I don't eat the yolk) on hand as soon as I walk in from the gym. I've learned how to pack my lunch box really full to get all o my snacks in right up until gym time.

Now my next step in my nutrition... Take note of my calories. I'm supposed to stay under 1,500 a day and I'm not sure that is a problem when I'm eating my little meals every 2-3 hours. Sometimes, however, I can really be surprised when I count the calories. So this week my mission is to carefully record all of my caloric intake in a food journal. Last Jan. When I lost 20 lbs I was counting calories regularly.

Also this week:

My first full week back from being sick.
My last training session with Greg
Setting up my first session with Chad
I am going to start weighing on Monday mornings at home.

So let the week begin! With a day off work (MLK day tomorrow).
I often have trouble with my eating plan on days off because my eating is part of my daily routine and when I don't have hall duty I forget to eat my snacks. Lol
It's also easy to sleep late enough that breakfast doesn't happen and that is real bad.

Hears to a 4 day work week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're sticking with your training and staying motivated. It helps me get back on track! We will be the cutest teachers in the back hall by spring! LOL
    Vetria

    ReplyDelete