“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, January 21, 2011

Zumba Party and my first PT screening.

So I had a funny pain in my left elbow about a week ago, i won't bore you with all the details, but it went away and came back last night. My trainer wasn't at the gym
So I left off my last arm exercise and checked with another trainer on my way out. He refered me to Physical Therapy for a screening. Our gym has a physical therapy clinic inside. We can have an injury screened for free as many times as needed. So I went today. He did lots of little tests and he determined that I pulled a muscle in my elbow. Weird huh? So he taught me how to stretch that muscle and how to strengthen it with two simple exercises. So I'm resting it until Monday, then we'll see how it goes.

I'm very thankful for that PT option at my gym. I have been told that no injury is too small to have looked at. It's super important to ice when you need to, stretch, and rest injured muscles when you need to. I plan to take good care of my elbow! Its important to me.

So I went to Zumba party tonight. I honestly expected a smaller crowd being Friday but boy was I wrong! It was packed! It was lots of fun. Disco themed. We danced to "Stayin Alive" that was fun.

So far this week I have really struggled with my nutrition. I have been craving sweets terribly. I found a new sweet treat to help with that. It's Dole Fruit Crisps. It's fruit that comes in a cup. You warm it up and put these sweet oats on top. It's so good and only 150 calories. I tried the Pineapple Mango!

Anyhow. I've been counting calories since Monday and I've gone over on my calories (somedays a little, somedays a lot)Tuesday-Friday. It's so frustrating. I think part of it may have been the antibiotics I was on through Thursday and some of it may be typical "female" cravings, but I'm not in this for reasons or excuses. I have two days left in this week to meet my calorie goals and I intend to do so!

Some of you have commented and sent me facebook messages and I'm so thankful for all of you. It really encourages me to know you are reading my blog. For those of you on a journey of you own, keep up your good work!

1 comment: