“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, April 10, 2011

An extra .15!!!! (ran my mile)

So I set out to run a mile today. I wasn't trying to go fast or anything. Just run the full mile. So... I got my run keeper pro up and running and Brandon and I took a walk (1.2 miles) to warm up and walk the dogs. We delivered them back to the house and got in a really good stretch (stretching cold isn't very effective, so we walk, then stretch, then run). Then we set off on our own separate missions. Brandon repeated Day 1 of Couch to 5K and I set out to run my mile. 

I started at a slow pace an stayed at a slow pace. I thought I was being chased by a pit bull looking dog once but that turned out ok (thankful for that). I found myself checking my distance A LOT! I decided when I saw it at .35 miles that I wouldn't look for a good while. So I turned two more corners and looked down to see .35!!!!! OMG. I had paused it by accident. So I really wanted my program to account for a full mile so I had to run more than a mile now..... Oh my!

So I took note of where I was and where I last saw it say .35 and I held on to those spots for later. I ran until I got to .50 and then turned around to go back. When I hit the point where I noticed my program was paused I looked and I was at .65. I looked again when I got to the correct .35 spot and it said .80. So I had run .15 with the program paused!!! So I kept on until I hit 1 mile. I did that in 15'29". So my extra .15 was not accounted for and was not included in my time. 

Anyhow. I was excited that I ran 1.15. 

My mile is however slow! 15 min!!!! Yikes. My trainer wants me to run a 10 min mile. I have some work to do. 

I remember being in high school
And my 12 min run being pretty much the same as my mile run. Some people got 2+ miles in during their 12 minute runs.

 I never have been a fast runner and I'm okay with that I guess, but I do have a goal to run a 10 min mile. I'm pretty sure someone could walk a mile next to me at this point! Lol. 

Tomorrow will be a Couch to 5K day most likely. I start back to physical therapy tomorrow. So it's all schedule depending tomorrow. It will be tomorrow or Tuesday one.

My doctor ordered 6 more therapy sessions based on my progress. Hopefully this will be it! I think they basically want me in their for the manual traction and soft tissue mobilization that I can't do for myself. 

Have a good week. Spring Break is over so it's back to work for me tomorrow an this week is Choral Festival. I'm super nervous to take my group for the first time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment