“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Working Out the Soreness/ Took a Run/ My first reward

So, I woke up sore sore sore today.  My legs, butt, stomach, sides, back, everything was sore!  My trainer and I discussed my desire to run a 5K last night and he told me to run as far as I could today just to see where I was in my ability to run.  I thought "HOW CAN I RUN?... I can't walk".  Well I hopped on facebook and saw a post from a high school aquaintance that is in excellent shape.  She posted her morning devotional and talked about how she was sore and didn't want to do cardio this morning but God gave her the strength and she found herself being very thankful for what all God did for her.  I found myself very inspired by that.  It might hurt to walk because I'm sore, but God has given me the ability to walk and run and I'm thankful for that.  So I got ready and went for a run.  I picked a path that I thought I could accomplish, grabbed Gracie (my Jack), put on my jacket (mistake), made a new playlist, and headed out the door.   I did very well.  I was jogging rather slowly but that was okay, I was jogging, my heart rate was up.  When I arrived back at my house my hamstrings were very sore, I was soooo hot because I wore a jacket thinking that the wind would be cold (it wasn't), so I went on a stopped (at 10 minutes).  I could have pushed a little more, but I chose not to.  I came in and got my stuff for the gym and headed out in my car.  I measured my path and it turned out to be .75 miles.  I was pleased.  .75 miles in 10 minutes was pretty could considering that fact that I hadn't run since I lived in Adamsville last May.

I then met my hubby at the gym.  I walked 30 minutes on the treadmill, and did 30 minutes on the elliptical.  I was feeling good but I'm still sooooo sore.  It hurts to set down, not once I get set down, but the in between standing and setting is rough!  I know that the best way to get through soreness is to move the sore muscles because it gets the lactic acid moving but OMG it hurts.  I meet with my trainer again tomorrow.  We will likely use the same muscle groups that I used yesterday because Chad stated that the best way to work through soreness is to use the same muscles again two days later. (and do cardio in between, just what I did today)

My brother shared an app with me today called RunKeeper Pro.  Its free on the iphone and it is a program that uses GPS technology to track your runs (speed and distance).  I signed up and its pretty cool. I used to use the Nike in shoe technology, but I can't find my iphone attachement for that since I moved, so this works perfect!  It is likely more accurate due to the GPS technology.  It also posts right onto facebook so that people can see what I do (which motivates me to do more).  So I'm excited to see how this running thing goes. My trainer wants me at a 10 minute mile, so that is my first running goal.  Might take some time, but thats ok.

I got a call and my doctor prescribed 6 more therapy visits.  I start that on Monday.  I told the Physical Therapist today about my run and was excited to report that I had no symptoms in my back.  He was pleased and encouraged me to keep on running!. YAY!

So, I have now lost 5.2 pounds, so I met my first goal.  So I get to order a Murray State Tervis Tumbler (pictured below) Yay, I'm so excited! That will be so nice for taking water to school. It will be much simpler to sip out of a cup with a lid than to unscrew a water bottle top for each drink which is what I had done this point.

So, Yay! Lots of fun stuff going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment