“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Breakfast - It's kind of a big deal!

My trainer really gets on me about not having protein / substance to my breakfast. I have done silly things like eat Lucky Charms for breakfast and it got me nowhere. 

So I found some really great whole grain biscuits (Pillsbury Grands). So I tried them and liked them, I ate them plain (no butter or jelly). They were good. I had moved away from a sugary breakfast, but still had not reached a well rounded breakfast with protein.

 So on Saturday, when I had some time, I boiled an egg to go with a biscuit. Hard boiled eggs (with the yolk removed) have been a good protein source for me previously but I had gotten away from them. 

I peeled the egg and sliced it (with a handy egg slicer). I removed the yolk (too much cholesterol) and placed it on my biscuit. I gave it a twist or two of the pepper mill (but no salt). 

It was super!  I loved it. I had whole grains, protein, and not too many calories (187 to be exact)

I was pleased and I am excited to see what my trainer thinks today of that breakfast. 

Another really good breakfast is Oatmeal with an egg on the side. 

I've heard several times that weight loss will be more successful if your breakfast includes protein. So let's see!

I weigh in today when I train. I feel like I've lost a little this week, but only the scales can tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment