“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, April 11, 2011

The minimum?

Today I guess I just did the minimum. But today I'm happy with minimum? But should I be? Hmmm?

My trainer has told me that I need a minimum of 20 minutes of cardio each day. So I did more than that by a large margin on Tuesday, Wed, Thursday, Sat, and Sun. (I took Friday off) 

So life got busy today. I was back to school today, I had physical therapy after school, Brandon had an appointment, then a meeting, then a paper to write for class. It was just out of the question to work out together. So I had thought I would just run at home. Well, it poured buckets all day so that was no longer an option. 

Anyhow so I went to physical therapy where they worked me for an hour and fifteen minutes! I was tired when I was done. Lots of upper body stuff. 

On the way out of the gym I stopped and talked to Chad. I asked if since I had a long therapy session today if I could call it a day. He pointed out that PT did not get my cardio in and I had to do a minimum of 20 min daily. So I agreed and went home and changed and went back to the gym. The ellipticals were all full, so I hit a treadmill for like 23 minutes. Got off and came home. 

So there are two sides in my mind. 

1) I'm proud of myself for going home in the rain, changing and going back out in the rain to make sure I fulfill my requirements. 

2) I did the minimum!! The minimum. I can't do the minimum and lose weight! I argue with myself that it's ok because a minimum is a minimum and if I did the minimum I still met my requirement.... Right?

I don't know... I guess both sides are right. My muscles are all tight and I'm getting fatigued a little and I guess I just felt like doing the minimum today. 

I am proud of myself for not taking a second day off. One off day is sufficient and that was Friday and for good reason (family time)

Brandon an I were discussing where to place our treadmill that I still in the garage from the move. That might solve my minimum issue. On days like today. I could see myself accomplishing more in my living room watching a show of my choice. I did want the treadmill in a guest room but I might get better use out of it in the living room like it was in TN. 

I don't know. We'll see soon. 

Today I guess was a minimum day. School was great today. I'm
So excited for my choir's performance at festival on Wednesday! I guess my body just wanted to crash tonight. 

Tomorrow is a new day, tomorrow is measurements and train day! Wooohoo. So I'm headed to bed for 8 hours of sleep (that will help a lot) and I'll be posting a measurements an weigh in post tomorrow evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment