“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, April 21, 2011

TGIF - looking forward

Well I went "Krogering" and we are getting back to our regular eating/exercising routine. 

I weighed in yesterday and gained 1.4 lbs. I was less than surprised. You can make healthy choices eating out for a week but regardless eating out for a week is not like cooking healthy at home. So I actually thought gaining 1.4 was better than it could have been... Just think if I had not chosen grilled fish every where we went! Whew!

I chose not to measure due to the gain and I also told had not to waste his time looking at my food journal. He reads it each week but that is for the purpose of correcting what I think is ok but may not be etc.  So I didn't waste his time. 

Well he certainly didn't waste my time either! Do you have any IDEA how time efficient a trainer can be. Do you have any idea how many exercises / circuits   And heartbeats per minute they can fit in in a 30 minute time slot! Yikes!
I'm very thankful that my trainer changes my workout every week. It keeps me an my body guessing. Sometimes my body is still guessing two days later. 
Chad likes to take his clients outside on pretty days and I really like the outside workouts. 
I did circuits yesterday. There were three. They were as follows:
Circuit 1: 
High knees down a row of squares
Kicking butt run back
Jump (feet together) down
15 kettle bellsquats
10 shuttle runs (running sideways)
Repeat 3 times
Timed: my best time was 1'37"

Circuit 2: 
Squat and press with dumbbells (12)
12 pushups on a big tire
12 isolated tricep lifts
Repeat 2 times 
Timed: best time 1'45"

Circuit 3
Planks with 20 knee lifts alternating
Lunges to half court (on basketball court)
10 jumping jacks
Lunges to other end
10 jumping jacks
Lunges back to half court
10 jumping jacks
Lunges back to plank mat
10 jumping jacks
Repeat 3 times with an extra set of planks at the end
Timed but I have NO idea what it was

So I was sure winded and had the heart rate up for sure!  I love how I feel after workouts like those. Chad complimented my effort and made comment about how far I had come. That really makes me feel good to think back on where I started. I'm getting stronger!

You know what else makes is fun?!

Having people notice your weight loss / inches lost. I had 2 people mention it to me today. I was so excited!  I truly can't wait to measure but I just couldn't do it with a gain. 

I'm kind of upset about the gain but gains happen. They just do. You can only pick up and move on. 

Anyhow. I also appreciate everyone reading my blog and telling me about it. My mom ran into a good friend from
home tonight (Rachel) and she had just gotten done working out and told mom that my blog was an inspiration to her. It just so happened that I was on the phone with mom and was "holding on" so she told Rachel that she should could tell me. So sweet Rachel hopped on the phone and told me that my blog was an inspiration to her. It made me smile real big. Having readers is a huge inspiration to me. If you read my blog and see or talk to me regularly then tell me about it. I stay curious as to who all reads.

I also got my hair trimmed and re"shaped" a bit this week and started wearing it a little different. I LOVE it and can't wait for it to keep growing!  It's amazing how little things can be motivators. Like, I want to be thinner by the time my hair gets longer. 

Anyhow, TGIF!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment