“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Name that exercise!!!

I lost 0.6 lbs today so I have mostly recovered from my small gain on Friday. I don't train again with Chad until next Tuesday (a full week) so I'm excited to weigh after a week ( not 4 days). 

Chad really pushed me tonight in my workout. More full body stuff like last week. He gave me a new exercise that I had never seen until today and it kicked my butt. 

Let me see if I can describe it.... I start in a full plank         (arms fully extended) , then I lower my left arm to my elbow then the same with my right arm. So that has me in a plank on my elbows, then it's left arm raises to rest on hand again, then right arm. So I'm back to a full plank. I continued this rotation for 20 seconds. Then rest and start again with the right arm going first. My body never changed. It was always in full plank position.  The movement of the arms changes the upper body level only. 

I did this twice. The second time I struggled to get to 10 seconds. Yikes!!! Chad told me that he plans for me to get better at that exercise. 
I asked him what the name of the exercise was and he didn't really have a particular name. So I suggested that we name it. He suggested "plank rotation". I told him that I would think on it and try to refrain from profanities when I name it. Lol. It Definitely deserves a descriptive name!!!! I plan to practice these at home over the next week to get better at them before next time. I really felt it in my arms, shoulders, and abs. It also made my butt seem heavier than ever!!!!

Chad told me that in order to increase my weight loss I need to do the following :

Increase my exercise on days that we don't train (more cardio)

Eat more fruits and veggies and less useless foods ( like Lucky Charms )

Eat a better breakfast with protein (not Lucky Charms)

So let's see what this week brings!

And a shout out to Amy at the gym. She told me tonight that she had read my blog. I was so excited!  We actually lived in the same dorm in college but never really knew each other. We then ran into each other at Panera Bread one night and then again the very next night at the gym. So we got to talking  in classes and such. (that was just before I got hurt) i figured that she thought I fell off the face of the earth since I hadn't been to Zumba in so long! She trained with her trainer the same time I trained with Chad tonight. She was working really hard too! Go Amy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment