“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, March 14, 2011

Calorie bank overdraft!!!! / rewards!

So... I'm an emotional eater...

I had a "not so great" day at work today. The stress is high... it's musical week. That means time is limited and so are my patience.  So I left school late about 6:15 and had no clue what to cook for dinner. I called Brandon and suggested dinner out. So as we drove toward the mall he suggested Samari. I greatfully agreed and the following words exited my lips " I could use some butter!" OMG. No I didn't!!! Yes I Did!!! (from the same lips that request that my food be cooked without butter at restaurants?)

 I had done well all day. I even ate a healthy snack and had Cheerios instead of Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast.....

The calorie bank was about to be overdrafted!!!!!

I ate about half my meal at Samurai. 
I went easy on the white sauce, I skipped the tempura sushi, eggrolls, and noodles. Unfortunately that rice isn't brown because it's whole. that would be the soy sauce :(

After ordering but before our cook came to our grill my phone rang. It was my trainer scheduling our next appointment!!!! Yikes!!!! I felt so bad. I was lucky he didn't ask "what are you doing?". I would have been sunk. What would I have said ? .... " setting at an hibachi grill staring at a slab o butter that will shrink in size as my meal is cooked". ???  

Today's Calories....
1252 / 1622 (over 370)


I have decided that I MUST reward myself for a job well done.  Just as I do as a teacher with my students. If I only acknowledged the wrong doings they would dislike me and dislike my class... So instead I must (as I do with students) reward the positives. So I have decided to reward myself for a few things. One being every five pound increment has a reward to do something for myself that has nothing to do with food. Another being a reward for my actions not my actual weight. 

So the first few rewards are as follows: 

5 lbs - Tervis Tumbler that I have been wanting ( may seem silly )
10 lbs - new yoga pants
15 lbs - pedicure
20 lbs - Sperrys ( some new plaid ones that I spotted at Macys )

Action Reward. First full week (seven straight days) to be within my calorie bank by 50 calories each day - I will buy a new pair of flip flops for spring. My week starts tomorrow. (Tuesday)

No comments:

Post a Comment