“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, March 28, 2011

Workout Partners!!!! Great Monday today, and getting Gracie in shape!

Today was a great Monday!  Afterwork Brandon and I took all three dogs on a walk, probably about a mile or so.  We plan to measure our paths in our cars so we know.  Anyhow, that was nice just getting outside and getting the dogs exercise.  Especially Gracie, the Jack Russell, she needs to release her energy in positive ways.  She also tends to put on a few pounds like 1-3 each winter.  Then as the exercise picks up in the Spring she sheds it quickly.  I hate for her to "yo-yo" like that, but I haven't figured out how to get her to maintain yet.  I honestly wish I had a dog treadmill for her! Gracie is ALWAYS ready for a walk, when she sees her leash come out she jumps and twirls with excitement to the point that it's tough to get her all clipped together to go! She is so well behaved and walks loose leash with me (means that she doesn't pull).  She sits when I stop and "heals" when I go.  She is an amazing girl! 

I'm so excited that Brandon is joining me on this journey.  After the dogs exercise walk we got our things together and headed to the gym.  I did 30 minutes on the eliptical with more resistance this time than before, Brandon did some more walking on the treadmil for 30 minutes.  Then we headed to the pool.  I did my workout in the pool that Chad had taught me.  He told me on Friday that it would be a good workout to continue on my own.  I taught Brandon all the fun pool workout moves as well.  I cut the doggie paddling short this time. haha.  We really had a good time working out together.  I focused on a good long stretch and cool down at the end and we left feeling great!

So, I'm enjoying my workout partners both human and canine!!! I think that workout partners can be a very important and helpful thing in order to stay motivated and sometimes just to have fun!

I train with Chad tomorrow afternoon and I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store for me this time! You just never know with him.  He changes it up each time.  I like that though, it keeps me on my toes and keeps my muscles wondering what they'll do next!

One last thought: I'm baffled by the girl that was on a treadmill in front of me tonight drinking a Grande (or larger if it exists yet) Frappicino from Starbucks... Are you kidding me. I would die doing cardio drinking that! I drink water the entire time myself! After our pool workout, she was just finishing on an elliptical? I'm just really puzzled at how she had any endurance drinking that!?

Be sure to take my poll on the left side of the blog and check out my newly added picture of me and Gracie!

No comments:

Post a Comment