“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, March 11, 2011

Cinnamon Toast Crunch... going once...twice... Sold to the Strawberries with Splenda on top!

Well I had a weigh in today and.....

I gained 0.4 lbs. :( I was so sad. 

My trainer looked over everything I had eaten over the past two weeks and here is what he said .....

- get away from foods high in sugar

- eat every 3 hours throughout the day. He said even if you do something at lunch to take you over your calories you can still eat some low calorie veggies to give you nutrients and keep your metabolism up. Last Sunday I blew my calories at lunch at O'Charleys and so I skipped dinner. He didn't like that. 

- and to quote .....
Chad - "you need a better breakfast than Cinnamon Toast Crunch"
Me - " but it's whole grain... Did you know that all General Mills Cereals are whole grain?"
Chad - "it's still full of sugar"

Yeah so I lost that battle and will be skipping the cinnamon toast crunch. I knew better but I got lazy a little bit. I gotta get back to my eggs and bacon and oatmeal. 

So here is my focus for the week. 

> Replace sugary foods with whole fruits
> eat smaller meals more often. Every 3 hours to be exact. 
> eat a valuable breakfast

These go into effect tomorrow morning. I really have to find my will power for this. I'm addicted to sugar... it's official. 

Teresa and Tammie - if y'all read this and you see me moving toward the World's Finest box next week don't let me do it!!!!! Lol!

My PT has been going very well. Only 3 more sessions!!!! Then evaluation. 

So tonight Chad added some impact to my pool workout with lots of jumping an hopping type exercises. My back did well, so I am moving on to the elliptical on my own and then next training session will be on dry land!!!! YAY. 

I plan to continue some water training though. I love it!

I met a nice lady in the locker room tonight that trains with Chad and has lost 60 lbs so far. We talked about the nutrition part and she said that is what really made it happen for her. I know Chad is smart and knows best, but it was encouraging to meet a "success story" of his.  I can't wait to make these changes and see what I weigh in at next week!

So here's to strawberries with splenda!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I'm SO glad I found your blog, I have one too!!! ANYWAY i'm going through the same battle *nutrition* When we lived in murray my husband and I ate out at Wndy's about once a week...Now, we're really cracking on how we eat. I did the EXACT same thing. I'm reading a lot of Jillian Michaels books and she REALLY cracks on the cereals. I LOVE my Cookie Crisp and I saw the nutrients on it and was like SCORE it's HEALTHY...and now that i'm learning more about carbs, sugars, and insulin I'm looking at it now going ..wow...they're really trying to see this stuff!.. You should look at Jillian Michael's "Winning By Losing" it's a great book that really makes you think about what you're putting into your system. Her "Mastering your Metabolism" is really ....technical with the hormones and how it affects your system.... anyway...I can't wait to see how things are progress over time.. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete