“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Celebrations!

Celebrate Good Times!!!!!

I have a LOT to celebrate today.  (actually yesterday... I wrote this last night)

My physical therapy is working and I'm finding relief. There is no longer any pain in my back only the numbness, tingling and burning. That too is getting better. 

So since I'm finding relief and my trainer and I finally got our crazy schedules together I had my first training session today since I fell on Jan 24th!!! So excited! I went to physical therapy first (same place) and was feeling great when I got finished. I had a 30 minute rest time before my training. I weighed in today before training. On the gym scales fully clothed I was 191.2. So not too much different from the last weigh in at the gym which is good considering my 5 weeks of no training. My trainer was very positive about that. I will now be doing weekly weigh ins with my trainer. I'm excited about that too. 

Nutrition: Chad (my trainer) wanted to see my Lose It (free app) food journal today and I was like "can I show you the one from the first two weeks I was hurt?" His reply.... "no..."
My food journaling really got lost in my injury. The first two weeks of my injury I was a nutrition perfectionist. I was that way since I couldn't work out. Then after two weeks I lost my motivation. I find motivation to stay on top of my nutrition from working out. Eat right = workouts feel good, eat wrong = workouts feel bad. So when I didn't have workouts I lost that motivation. 
So, today we didn't look at my journal. I started journaling again today and we will get into my nutrition more next week. 
However, I got my booty kicked back into shape today! In the POOL!!!
I will do a separate post about the water workouts. This one is already long. 

My biggest celebration of the day.... A good report from my doctor. It has nothing to do with my back, workouts, or nutrition.... It has EVERYTHING to do with my health as a woman. 

I kept this very quiet during the process but now that I got results and they were good results I'm ready to be honest and share to help someone else (I hope). I'll make this short and sweet. 
I found a lump on my breast about two weeks ago. Scary right?! Yeah I mean I'm 26!!! So I visited my doctor Monday, had a mammogram and ultrasound Tuesday, and received results today that the lump was "neither cancer or suspicious"!!!!! Wooohoo!!!!
The last few days have been very hard emotionally and mentally. I trusted God and leaned on him like crazy. I was constantly in prayer as were several family members and a few friends. 

So why would I be so open about this????

Because there is a great deal of awareness about breast cancer but I'm not sure that there is enough said to make girls my age realize that it means us too. We tend to thing it doesn't apply until we reach a certain age. Thats how i felt until recently. IT TOTALLY means us! Girls, self exams start early. If you are unsure how to self exam or what to look for ask your doctor, google it, or ask your mom. I did all three. It's not easy at first. As a matter of fact I think it is confusing, scary, and easy to NOT do. 

So educate yourself, exam yourself, and protect yourself. I did and I'm glad I did! I never thought I would find something at my age! Don't be scared. At our age there are lots of changes that can occur that are totally ok. Just communicate with your doctor. 
It's our health ladies! Nothing to be embarrassed about :)

I will be posting frequently now that I'm back in the groove. I will post tonight about my water training.

Here is a verse that I have been keeping near. 

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with Thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6 

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment