“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fish out of water!!! Yay!!!!

Well today was busy. Two school
day performances of our musical, then physical therapy, then training with my trainer (on dry land!!!) yippee!

So a quick bit about therapy. I got a new physical therapist today (same place I was just reassigned to another therapist) today was the day for an evaluation. So he twisted me up like a pretzel in several different ways testing "what aggravates my symptoms" his opinion is an inflamed disk that is getting back to normal but isn't quite there yet. (those are my terms) So they will be adding manual traction and soft tissue massage to my treatments. They also pointed out the fact that I am having the tendency to "round my shoulders". So I need to work on my posture. (a great deal of that being a result from the injury)
It is very interesting also that we discussed my ligaments being loose ( kinda like loose rubber bands ) they say that's just how I am but it increases the work load on my muscles and therefore makes a strong back extra important for me. So my trainer was instructed by my PT to work on strengthening my back and to avoid twisting and "fluction" I think fluction what they called it. It's when you curved your back forward.  So all my exercises have to be done with a straight back.  So those restrictions do not keep me in the water. So I trained on dry land today. !!!!

On to training. A much more fun topic. 

Oh but first. Me, A choir/band director had my posture corrected. I took it very personally that I'm not up to the standard that I set for my own students. So tomorrow my students will be getting permission (only in band and choir) to correct MY posture if they see me slip! They will LOVE that! A student impersonated me one day by simply saying "posture!" So that tells you that I drill it in!  Of course during my posture discussion at the gym with the PT one of my choir students came in and walked up to me. It was a sign I believe. Oh me!!! 

So I weighed in today and I lost 1.7 lbs!!!!!! Woohooo. And I'm still not quite where I need to be on nutrition. So this is good! I told my trainer about my goal rewards that I recently posted. He suggested buying a pair of jeans now that I like but are too small. I explained that I already have jeans thT don't fit but specifically a pair of size 8 Lucky jeans to fit into! Yikes! He told me to get them out where I will see them frequently. So I will be doing that. 

When he viewed my LoseIt journal he noticed my Hibachi dinner and suggested against those not only because of the butter but also the sodium. He encouraged me to focus hard on my nutrition to start dropping pounds. 

So I also have been instructed to do elliptical time each day and 3 of my back exercises an extra day. I meet with Chad again on Monday evening. I wonder how much I will lose by then?!

1 comment: