“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Water!!!!!!

Have you ever tried "doggie paddling" the length of an Olympic sized pool?
ME EITHER... until yesterday. When Chad said "ok you are going to doggie paddle to the other end I know my face had to be priceless. He said "do you know how to doggie paddle?" I replied "I may have forgotten when I learned how to swim" I just couldn't imagine what it could possibly do to help! I'll tell ya what it can do. It can kill your arms, abs, back, and legs!
I also did lunges across the length, squats, some type of butterfly arm move with resistance weights (made of foam) under water, jogged two laps, walked like 10 laps, jumping jacks, and used a paddle board held arms length away and had to kick only for the full length.  
I was huffing and puffing! If the water was any warmer I could have sweat! 
I was so excited. I had no idea I could get such a workout in water and had ZERO issues with my pinched nerve because I had zero impact. 

My trainer has recently been the trainer for the guys team in the Train to Lose competition at the gym. He did his first two weeks with the team in the water and he had double digit weight losses from a few of the guys! I was encouraged when he told me that!

So water exercise really works. After I'm released to do weight training and regular cardio I fully intend to continue water training on my own. 

I will train in the water again next week and I can't wait! I'm a little sore today and it feels GREAT to be that way again! Finally!!!!

Stretching in the water after the workout was amazing too. The water increased my balance and I was able to stretch out really really well. Overall I just love the water!

If you are a person who works out and haven't tried the water. It's not just "for old ladies on Monday morning"! You should give it a shot! Start out with water walking and jogging. Get some other ideas from a trainer or google or go to a class. We have Aqua Zumba at my gym. I plan to try to make it to that class next week. I'm sure it's a blast!

Til next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment