“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, March 26, 2011

What A Difference A Day Makes!

Well I still haven't hit my 5 lbs goal. Weigh ins can get frustrating especially when you weigh more often than once a week. I've been weighing at each session (about every 5 days). My trainer says I really shouldn't weigh more frequently than once a week, but it's not a big deal. 
When I weighed this week I had gained 0.8 lbs. I was so sad. However I was feeling kind of "full" when I weighed. Like a fluid type of full. So I wasn't too surprised. My nutrition had been good all week except for Thursday (the day before weigh in). Brandon had been really sick and I took him to the ER Thursday morning. So I didn't get to eat until about noon and I didn't really want to eat at home because he was so nauseous. So I grabbed Chic Fil A when I went out for his sprite and crackers. Then that evening I just didn't have much of an appetite. So I actually stayed within my calories but the type of food (lots of sodium) had messed up my fluid retention (I also had a sprite in there), the one meal in the middle of the day had slowed down my metabolism. 
Basically my trainer put it to me like this. I skipped breakfast so when I ate that bad lunch my body decided to pack it to the bad spots and store it in case I didn't eat again for awhile, which I didn't eat dinner. So it just kept storing and not burning off.  Therefore it affected my weight the next day.  
So I feel confident that the majority of the 0.8 lbs was fluid. Lesson learned though that eating every 3 hours is very important. Avoiding the high sodium foods is also important. What a difference a day makes huh?

So I'm not too frustrated over the 0.8, it just frustrates me enough for me to be a bit of a perfectionist this week with my nutrition. 

So Physical Therapy was finished on Wednesday. They send a progress report to my doctor. I will follow up with him and the Dr. will either assign more PT sessions or release me. It's a toss up. Don't know which he'll do. 

My back is still sensitive and numb in that area, but is improving for sure. My posture is improving, but sometimes I have to be reminded. Yesterday as I was talking to Chad the physical therapist assistant walked over and corrected my posture. Haha. I knew at that point that Chad wouldn't go easy on my back and shoulders. And HE DIDN'T!!! 

We did all kinds of stuff to work my whole body but also worked my shoulders and back pretty intensely.  I did a lot of squats with upper body movement and my glutes/upper hamstrings are killing me today. but that's good. To me the soreness is a sign that we isolated the muscle and worked it good. 

Chad also had me do some yoga poses and we discussed my previous involvement in Yoga. He would like for me to get back to yoga. I have a conflict right now with the class times but I know enough that I will be practicing on my own and can use my Bob's (from Biggest Loser) Weight-loss Yoga DVD once in a while to kick my butt. My conflict will be over mid April and I can go back to class. 

By the way. Brandon is doing much better. He is eating again and wants to "get out" today he said. He's excited about his weight-loss journey as well. (It helps that food poisoning gave him an 8 lbs jump start!!) He worked out for the first time with Chad on Wed. He goes back this Wednesday.  Oh and about the food poisoning... I did not cook for him. He ate out that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment