“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Goodbye Pants!!!!!!!!!

So this morning I was getting ready in a hurray (as usual). I threw my gym clothes into my bag and headed out the door. So I wasn't paying attention to what clothes I packed. So after school and iPad training (I'm still excited about that) I headed to change before going to Zumba. Aw yes.... navy blue Capri length Lucky Brand sweat pants. I've had them since high school. I put them on and cinched up the draw string a good bit so they wouldn't fall off. Lol. Then I headed to Zumba. 

I got to Zumba early (super exciting) I got to be on the second row. I like it up there. Anyhow I glanced in the mirror and thought "Oh my goodness I look huge!". Well I took another look. My pants were cinched up more than ever and made my pants pooch out around my hips and yet the butt of my pants was still sagging. So it was my pants being too big that made me look so big! Well let me give that a loud Woooooooohoooooooooo!  

So I samba-ed,  sizzled, shook, dipped, crazy hand-ed, scissored, speed bagged, jumped, twisted, waved, "I dream of jeanie"-ed, went to the right and left more times than I can count - the hardest I could.! I think it was my best ever effort in Zumba class! All while thinking about retiring my new "fat pants". It was so motivating. 

*** I also was told by one of the girls at Zumba that she always stands on the front row because she read once in a fitness magazine that if you get on the front row you won't wimp out. You'll try even harder because people can see you. I believe the second row did the same for me ***

Anyhow, we always hear that it's not all about the number and the scales. That is and isn't true for me. My weight needs to decrease but when I get frustrated that it's going slow it's nice to have reminders about how much my body is toning and slimming down.  As I tone and slim I know my number will continue to decrease!  

I was just happy to notice a good change today. Goodbye Lucky sweatpants......

...... So hello to shorts?  Really.?? It's getting warmer and I was thinking that maybe I ought to get out some shorts for working out. So I went to one of the guest rooms and opened up a drawer full. I pulled out about 5 pair and put them in the wash to get them freshened up. I'm just worried about shorts. I have ZERO tan at this point. And I'm worried about putting on some of my favorite shorts.... Why you ask? Because they say Murray across the butt. Now I love Murray and all but any time there is a word across the butt you have to make sure the clothing fits. So I'll try them on and see just how big "Murray" is. Lol. I'm sure it will be just fine. These are just the type of thoughts that scroll across my mind. I hope I'm not the only one with funny thoughts like these. 

I train and weigh tomorrow. Goodbye 2.4 pounds that I gained over the weekend. !!!

Stay tuned for tomorrows post!

No comments:

Post a Comment