“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, May 9, 2011

Bringin' Back the Jelly Rolls

Well, last week I weighed in on Thursday. I gained 0.8 lbs. This may be too much info for some of my male readers but it is a reality for ladies for sure. It was that time of the month for me. BLAH! So, with that comes the following (I think you will agree) : “unexplained” weight gain, fatigue, cramps, cravings for all thing NOT good for you, headaches, etc. So working out with the trainer doesn't exactly parallel with these “symptoms”.

The first thing I did was tell myself the following “I AM going to work out and not let this hold me back” I did just that. Thursday I went to the gym to meet with my trainer. When I got their there was a mix up with scheduling and I could either wait about an hour to train or reschedule. My trainer suggested getting in some cardio for the hour. So, I had a choice... stay and fight the fatigue and work out or leave and reschedule.

So, the easy decision would be to leave. When I say easy I mean physically easy. To me on Thursday the easy decision mentally was to stay..... so I did.

I walked on the treadmill for 10 minutes and then did a 30 minute Couch to 5K run. The C25K run was surprisingly easy! I was thrilled with that. I did a week 1 run. Just as I was finishing my run Chad arrived. I weighed. I explained to him my situation with my weight gain. He told me that 0.8 lbs was not bad considering my situation. Of course no gain is good, but it could have been pounds instead of tenths of pounds. I found it important to tell him my situation because we would be doing circuit training outside and I just wasn't sure how my body would hold up. (I only go through “this” 4 times a year)

So how did the circuit training go after 40 minutes of interval running (C25K)??.... it went GREAT! It feels so good to be getting into shape where workouts feel good even though they are tough and hurt. I requested that we bring back the “jelly rolls” Do y'all remember those? Well I wanted to know if I was any better at them than I was before. So I asked Chad if we could see. Last time I did 15 seconds going each directions and couldn't make it through either set of 15 seconds. This time he had me go 20 seconds on each side and I did it all the way through, BOTH SETS. I felt very proud.

I'm looking forward to my weigh in this week. I am expecting a loss!

Speaking of Couch to 5K and wanting to run the half in Nashville next year.  Check out this cute little fella (my nephew, Everett) at the half last weekend sporting his own race bib onesie!!! He was so proud and excited for his Mommy and Daddy.  Next year he can cheer on his Aunt Bethney.


No comments:

Post a Comment