“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Inspiration and celebration!

"don't let what you cannot do interrupt what you CAN do"

This was written in the front of the aerobics room on the mirrored wall tonight at Zumba. I really liked it. I feel like I really lived by this throughout my back injury. I did what I could instead of focusing on what I couldn't do. For that reason I found myself taking the last step back to normal tonight when I walked into Zumba.

I've been going to Zumba since September. When I fell in January I had to stop going and it was my last thing to add back in to be back to my normal routine. 

I was scared to go back if I'm honest about it. Zumba is a tough cardio workout!  I was mortified that I'd be just huffin and puffin. I thought they might have to peel me up off the floor. But you know what?..... I felt more in shape for this Zumba class than ever before. Running and working out with Chad had me MORE than ready to get back to Zumba. It felt GREAT!!!

I was worried that all of the twisting motions would activate my symptoms and I wouldn't make it through the whole hour (I have to stop when my symptoms get activated) but we went an hour and 5 minutes and I had NO symptoms!!!! So, WooHoo!

We Salsad (is that a word) to Billy Jean tonight! How fun is THAT!?!

I was just so excited! I stayed after and told the instructor how glad I was to be back in her class. I shared with her and another lady that I see everytime I'm at the gym that Zumba tonight was my last step back to normal. They high fived me and I continued my discussion with the Zumba instructor about running. 
She is running a full marathon in June. 

As I mentioned, I went to watch Jason and Jamie run the half in Nashville last weekend.  I watched them in the full last year. Quite frankly I'm tired of watching. That doesn't mean I'm staying home next year it means I'm going to be running!

I tried training for it once before when I lived in TN, but I trained too fast for my Fibro and had a major flare up. It kinda scared me off. 

My Zumba instructor (who is also a trainer) suggested to me a training program that can be found free online, www.halhigdon.com,  she said it was an 18 week program and that I should try doing each week twice to keep from going too fast again. She also suggested training for the half in Bowling Green in march because it is a flat course where Nashville is hilly. Then do the Country Music half in April. 

So, here goes.... 

Step 1 - tell my brother and sister so they can get excited

Step 2 - talk to Chad tomorrow and show him the Hal Higdon plan and get his input as my trainer

Step 3 - get to it

Step 4 - BELIEVE!!!

"If you can dream it you can do it"
- Walt Disney

One last thing.... I have a friend who started a weight loss blog/ journey this week. I read it today and it inspired me all over again to keep on keepin on! Go Stephen!!! You got this. Brandon and I are rooting for you and are proud of you!

Weigh in TOMORROW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment