“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, May 13, 2011

No Girl Pushups!!!

I lost 1 pound!!!! That is exciting to me after beings nervous about how my week went. I guess it proves that increased cardio pays off even on weeks you retain water!

 I find one pound to be quite a success. I mean I'm not on the biggest loser here. I get frustrated when I see the contestants on Biggest Loser frustrated because they "only pulled a 3". I know that a 3 doesn't cut it there but a 1 pound loss cuts it here!!!!

Anyhow. So Chad and I discussed my plan to train for a 5K and run a 5K. I will be running that 5K with my two cousins Whitney Williams and Lindsey Terry *** shout out to those ladies***
then I will continue training and plan to do the Bowling Green Half Marathon next March (flat course) followed by the Country Music Half Marathon in April (not a flat course) I'm taking in two training schedules to Chad and he will help me decide the best way for me to train properly for these events. I'm currently sticking with C25K (Couch to 5K) until I finish it. That will have me at the 3 mile starting point for the half training!

So here is what I determined yesterday. I'm like one of those science things with 3 balls where the right one swings, hits the middle one and transfers energy to the left ball. Then back to the right. So on and so forth. The left and right ball never move at the same time. Well. I'm the center ball, the right ball is my nutrition, and the left ball is my cardio!  They are never moving at the same time!!!! This must stop.  (picture below has 3 balls in the middle.. I guess ball 2 and 3 could be labeled "sweets" and "chicken wings" for me... ya know, two more things that keep my nutrition and cardio from moving together)



I talked about this with Chad yesterday. He agreed and talked about how each time I focus on one of the two I'm making it better. Now it's time to get better at both at the same time. I told him, "This is the week!". He replied "put it on your blog so you have accountability". He is amazed, as am I, at how many readers I have. I'm still wondering who some of my readers are.... Follow me!!!!

My workout was intense last night I did LOTS of squats and upperbody work. I said to Chad when I got there "I'm ready for my arms to not be fat!". So we focused on them a bit. I had a specific spot bothering me on my upper arms, the very top and back of my triceps, like right where your arm connects to your body.  I was doing my tricep dips with the kettle bell when I asked about that spot. He had me lower the kettle bell even further before raising it back up. It really isolated that spot. The problem spot is officially sore today!!! Wooohooo. Don't worry. My legs hurt too because I did squats with weight in every circuit I did last night!

In all my upperbody circuits last night I did a total of 45 pushups on the tire. I did the full pushups. No knees on the ground. Mixed with planks in between. I'm getting stronger!!!

Anyhow, so that is where I stand. 1.8 lbs from my new yoga pants that I get at 10 lbs!

Woohooo!!!!

If any of you are on journeys yourself I want to hear from you either on here or facebook.

Still needing summer healthy recipe ideas!

Have a wonderful Friday evening everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment