“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Random thoughts the night before weighing in.

So I have been rocking out on my cardio pretty good this week. 

Thursday -C25K and training
Friday - off
Saturday - yard work (see last post)
Sunday - dog park (light day)
Monday - Zumba and C25K
Tuesday - walked
Wednesday - Zumba and Walking (I don't feel well. I got the allergy sinus stuff going on, but I pushed and went and was glad I did)

Tomorrow I weigh in and train and I'm looking forward to it but fearing the weigh in. I don't weigh at home to have any idea where I stand but my pants aren't feeling so comfy this week. I don't know if I'm retaining water (maybe too much Sodium) or what. Maybe it's all the humidity? I just don't know. It makes me want to stay on a diet of fresh pineapple and water tomorrow before I weigh in. Lol. Just kidding.   

I'm also wondering about these two things and their affect on my weight loss: stress and lack of sleep. A guy at work always says "just say it's fat free before you eat it.... You don't lose weight because you stress over every little thing". Well I agree with half of that. The first half would be nice to be true but isn't. You can't just call it fat free an eat anything. But he does have a point about stressing. Is counting calories a good thing.?Yes it is! Is stressing over this that and the other throughout the workday a good thing? NO it's not. 

Sleep. I don't know much about it but I know these two things:

I prefer 8 hours of sleep but rarely succeed in getting it. 

I've heard that lack of sleep will interrupt weight loss. 

I'm just worried about the weigh in tomorrow and thought that I would type out all my thoughts before going to sleep. I plan on 8 hours tonight. Wooohoooo

1 comment:

  1. Beth, stress and lack of sleep both make a huge difference in weight loss. Stress can cause your body to release cortisol, your metabolism is changed, blood sugar, cravings, all of that stuff effects your weight loss. Lack of sleep can change your appetite as well and cause you to have cravings for carbs and stuff that is just unhealthy. Both of those tie into your hormones which will effects your weight loss. You should definitely try to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night. And remember, when you're sleeping your body is repairing, which is very nice for all those muscles you're building :) Keep up the good work though!

    ReplyDelete