“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Running thoughts

Running is going well. Tuesday will start my Couch 2 5K week 3.... I think I'm ready. I'm really enjoying this process with my husband and my cousin Whitney. It's nice to have people to learn with, run with, talk with, and be accountable to. Week 3 marks the farthest I've ever gone in the C25K program. Wooohoo.

 Did I post about the fact that Whit and I have decided to run a 5K the same weekend that we are scheduled to finish C25K?  I keep reminding myself that it's not about speed but about endurance. 

Saturday's run was INTENSE. It was our first mid-day run. Lots of sun, humidity, and heat. I pushed harder than ever and hit a distance goal of 2 miles on a week 2 run, but I was so tired and exhausted afterward.  I was still sore in my calves and quads today. So my run tonight was a bit slower. 

My other big problem from yesterday was that it was my first time that I ran in shorts in humid and hot weather. I got quite a bad rash on my legs. So, I went out and bought some Under Armour compression gear shorts that go under my regular shorts. I used them today and they were perfect as far as I could tell today.  So, that's one problem solved. 

I also started having blister trouble on one of my ankles.... Not sure what to do about that beyond bandaids. 

My next solution I'm in search for... The perfect sports bra... Is it out there? If you have suggestions PLEASE comment or talk to me for those that know me. I currently have some Under Armour ones that I purchased a little over a year ago.  I'm not sure if they are just stretching out or what but they just aren't getting the job done as well anymore. When I find a good one I'll share my knowledge. Lol. Sorry for the extra info. Lol

I'm loving the feeling of a goal (July 16) and I really love how it feels to finish a run. It feels great. It I could get pollen out of the air it would be better than great!

Brandon is working a lot on form. He's doing well. My form right now is ok for me, but I'm sure could use some tweaking. 

I will be back to my Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday schedule this week for running. 

Everyone have a wonderful and blessed Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment