“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, May 9, 2011

working out and getting stuff done!

So, this weekend I found a really good workout..... YARD WORK.... and I don't mean riding the riding mower. I mean weeding the garden for an hour and half and trimming hedges with a very heavy gas powered hedge trimmer for another hour and a half. It felt really good to be “working out” and getting things done all at the same time. Weeding the garden led to more squats than I thought possible because I don't like dirt and what not so I don't rest my knees on the ground. (I also stained my fingers with dirt because I couldn't find my gardening gloves, yuck) The heavy hedge trimmers were a great workout for my arms and upper back.

On Sunday morning I was actually sore from all of this.

Sunday's “workout” consisted of taking the dogs to the dog park and running and playing with them. Not like the yard work for sure, but I got some cardio and had fun and relaxed. Now the dogs on the other had (particularly Gracie) got quite the workout. Gracie found a 13 week old Bull Mastif that was bigger than her that she just loved!

Monday is back to traditional workouts, Zumba, Yoga, Couch to 5K. I'm going for a good loss this week! I'm starting to feel different both endurance wise and how my clothes fit. It's pretty excited. I am ready for the number on the scales to move down a bit. So, here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment