“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, June 24, 2011

FACEPLANT

Well I gained today. Welcome to Bethney's weight loss roller coaster. Just throw your hands up and say Woohoo though because I lost lots of inches!!!!

Waist - down 1" (total -7.5")
Hips - down 1" (total -4")
Thigh - down .5" (total -1.5")
Calf - down .5" (total -1.5")
Forearm down .25" (total -.75")
Upper arm down .5" (total -1.5")

We didn't check my body fat % today...
The gain was not a huge deal. I'm actually planning to talk with my doctor about my plateau in regards to my underactive thyroid. I'm not beating myself up. 

I was thrilled to have lost inches. You know what's crazy though. I'm just going to go on and share this. Women know where the first place we lose inches is (chest) well. I never post that measurement because it hasn't changed even a tenth of an inch. Crazy huh? But I'm not complaining.... Lol

So my workout was great today. I'm starting to sweat better. I love sweating!   I did have a funny moment though. I was doing plyometrics by jumping (both feet together) onto a big huge truck tire (the same one in the plank picture.  Anyhow. This is my second time doing these and I have been pausing between each jump and doing 10 jumps for 3 sets. So on my second set today my trainer had me do 5 single jumps then 5 with no pauses. It was really tough (mentally and physically). I failed a few times but then I got going ... 1,2,3,4, FACEPLANT!!! I jumped short and hugged the tire!!! Chad asked if I was fine. I said oh yeah my shins hurt an my pride went down the drain. He said it's ok to fall sometimes. I guess it just means I'm pushing really hard. Those of you that know me know that I thought it was hilarious. You have to laugh at life for sure. Anyhow I got up and did another 5 successfully!!! Yay! So aside from brushed shins (those tires are HARD) I'm good and I got better. 

I hope my post made you laugh today. 

So I continue doing what I do....

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say that I am so proud of you; and your work ethic is awesome! You make me love training because even though you may "fall" sometimes (as we all do), you get right back up and are willing to do what it takes to improve yourself every day. You Rock! Keep up the good work!!

    -Chad

    ReplyDelete