“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, June 16, 2011

A hidden hurdle?!

Ok Wow! Sodium is the hidden hurdle! I started my written log this morning and decided to record sodium as well as calories because Chad has mentioned sodium a lot. 

So breakfast.... 1 egg, two pieces of turkey bacon and two whole wheat biscuits. Sounds ok right???? WRONG. So which one do you think would be the sodium killer?.......

Turkey bacon...?.... No, BISCUITS!!!! They were whole wheat but they have 580mg of sodium EACH!!!! 

So I texted my trainer and asked how many mg of sodium I should shoot for each day..... He said keep it less than 2000mg. 

Next was lunch (a whole wheat tortilla with left over chicken with brown rice in it). Well how about another shock. My whole wheat tortilla was 500 mg!!! Seriously???!!!!

So here I set midday and I've already had 2,170mg of sodium. I can't help but wonder if Sodium is part of what's holding me back.  I've spent time since high school paying attention to things like calories, fat, and carbs. My parents taught me all about complex Vs.  Simple carbs and whole wheat etc. So when I look at a food I can make a good educated guesses about it's cal, fat, and carb., but I'm in the dark about sodium!!! Who knew that biscuits and tortillas were high?!! I may sound silly but if I had my guess I'm not alone in this shock over sodium!  Let's see how well I can finish out this day!

And in case anyone is wondering my upperbody is sooooo sore today. My shoulders especially!

No comments:

Post a Comment